Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
MountainMan
MountainMan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Help!!! libprs500

Hello I am new here. But I cant get my sony reader 505 towork with libprs500 is sounds like the program is trying to read my flopy disk drive and I cant get it to work. please some one help!!!
MountainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm not sure it's supposed to work with the 505 yet, IIRC the roadmap showed that as coming in the next few weeks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
MountainMan
MountainMan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
thanks
MountainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah 505 support is buggy at the moment. It's going to improve slowly over the coming weeks.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
I successfully used my 505 with libprs500 on my Mac yesterday, and converted a few books. I ran across some trouble when I went and plugged the 505 into a PC and launched Sony's software. The software hung and wouldn't load correctly. I fixed it by reformatting the device (no big deal, everything was backed up on the PC and the Mac). I converted a couple books again with libprs500 and transferred them to the 505, plugged it back into the PC and Connect without a hitch. I'm not sure what caused that initial problem, but I'm avoiding libprs500 for the time being just to keep it from happening again.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This was with what version of libprs500. It is in geenral a bad idea to use both connect and libprs500 to trasfer books. Either use libprs500 to transfer or connect to transfer.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #7
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
I'm using 0.4.17. I guess I'll keep using it to convert some files, but will stop transferring with it.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The following is what I got when I tried to delete a book.

Error in job: Remove books from device
[Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'I:\\database/media/books/books\\libprs500_7.lrf'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "libprs500\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 79, in run
File "libprs500\gui2\device.pyo", line 116, in delete_books
File "libprs500\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 387, in delete_books
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'I:\\database/media/books/books\\libprs500_7.lrf'
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Sigh windows bites again. Is that only with deleting? Can you add books successfully?

EDIT: Actually I cant replicate that error. Deleting books works fine for me on windows.

EDIT2: I was wrong. There's a subtle bug that actually affects adding books not deleting them thanks to windows use of \ as a path separator. To confirm try the following: Send book to device. Try to delete it, get an error. Now unplug the reader and reconnect, again try to delete, it will work. This bug will be fixed in the next release.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 11-13-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, it was in trying to delete a book I had added to the reader with no problem.

How would I add it to a collection? I didn't quite get that figured out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

edit metadata and add tags. Every tag is mapped to a collection on the device.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This was with what version of libprs500. It is in geenral a bad idea to use both connect and libprs500 to trasfer books. Either use libprs500 to transfer or connect to transfer.
I use two machines with the Reader. On one I have the Sony Connect software. On the other I have only libprs500.

As a side note, I like the viewer in libprs500 better than the viewer in Connect. Great job Kovid.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote