Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #25741
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@ProfCrash: ROFLU!

Starting out today with a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, and a mug of Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend. (But only a 16 oz mug.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #25742
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Going to make a fourth mug. What? I like the stuff. It is yummy. I can make it at work while not distracted by a toddler who thinks dropping as many balls as possible in the dogs water bowl after giving himself a bath is a great idea. My tea consumption at home has dropped rather dramatically.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #25743
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Early in the morning at seven o'clock
There are twenty tarriers drilling at the rock
The boss comes around and he says, "Keep still,
Come down heavy on your cast iron drill.
And drill, ye tarriers, drill."

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f-WlErEdSk )

Good morning, all! Early, early... but awake and drinking tea already. This morning it's unbranded Keemun. Too early to even think of eating. I'll give that another hour. I hope the Food Lady has more Chinese sausage this morning... Hmmmm.... maybe it's NOT too early to eat....

Going in search of tea tins today. Time to tone up the tea, making up tea bags with my full selection. To date I've only been making them as I need them here. Bother... I prefer to make up a tin full of each kind, so in the morning I can just stumble into the kitch, grab one without trying to manipulate a spoon into filling a bag, and have my tea without mess.

Wow! Where did my tea go? Did I finish it already? Hmmm.... Must still be asleep. OK, 'nother mug coming up.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #25744
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Fresh squeezed orange juice and Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend. The start to a good day!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #25745
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Morning, good morning
The best to you each morning
With K-e-double l- o double g
Kellogg's best to you!

... except that the Thais put them on ice cream or on rice. Thinking back, my mother used to crush them up and use them to coat fried chicken or pork chops. Inventive people all over the world!

Good morning, everyone. Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea starts my day. And clear skies may result in at least half a day of sunshine today before the rains start.

Speaking of rains, Poohbear... are you high and dry? The weather reports don't look very encouraging for North Carolina.

Gonna head down to the Food Lady earlier today. She ran out of 'Pad Pet Kaeng' yesterday, and I really like that stuff!

Stitchawl
Old 07-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #25746
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skim milk with my large salad. Lots of bancha today.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #25747
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Second mug of Frozen Summit tea. Not looking forward to a painful meeting in a few minutes.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #25748
Stitchawl
Opsimath

He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

Having been away for five years, I was unaware that a genuine tea room/tea purveyor opened on the other side of town. Someone at our music session last night told me about it, and today I scouted it out. It's real!
And... it sells a very, very good English Breakfast tea! And... a very good Extra Smokey Lapsang Souchong! Unfortunately the only other black tea they sell is an Earl Gray and all the rest of the teas are Oolongs, Greens, and 2-3 Pu-Erhs which I'll get around to tasting perhaps this winter.

But right I'm I' drinking a mug of the English Breakfast tea and liking it very much! It's better than the "Yorkshire" tea, but just a shade under the East India Company's "English Breakfast" tea. But... I can get it locally, so I'm a happy camper. It sells for 400 baht for 100gm, which is about $15 USD, so a bit high for a daily brew, but it holds up to a second steeping which cuts the cost in half to about 5¢ a cup! I'm happy!

Stitchawl
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #25749
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Great find Stitchawl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Second mug of Frozen Summit tea. Not looking forward to a painful meeting in a few minutes.
Good luck at the meeting.

Still waiting for my coffee to brew.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #25750
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

It is just long, drags, and nothing of importance is said. I got to escape after the first hour.

Water right now. Trying to be better about drinking regular old H20
Old 07-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #25751
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Stitchy - we're still OK in NC - more & more rain coming our way - but (so far) nothing devastating .... yet ....

Lots of cold water in my cup - quite hot & humid ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #25752
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea. It's sunny and warm, today, but not oppressively hot. More rain due tomorrow.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #25753
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Glass of Languedoc white wine.

All on my own at home. Mrs B and the kids are on holiday with my parents while I'm at home keeping the wheels of industry turning. And it's our 21st wedding anniversary tomorrow - I think it'll be the first one we've spent apart.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #25754
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You can spend your anniversary with us! You won't need to buy flowers, but some bubbly would be nice!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #25755
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Congrats on your 21st!!!! And sorry its alone...

My wife and I will hit 17 years this weekend, but we will NOT be apart.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?