Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
haegar333
haegar333 began at the beginning.

Device: Be-Book
SD Card eject on Mac OSX

Hi
I have a small problem with my BeBook One attached to my Mac OSX 10.5:

If I trigger the eject command from the Mac OSX Finder the SD-Card is dismounted however reconnected a few seconds later. Is there a way to disconnect with a command from the BeBook itself?
haegar333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
geoffbeneze
geoffbeneze began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One
haegar333,
You don't have to worry about having 10.5 eject the disk images with your BEBook. When you're done, simply unplug the mini-usb from the book reader.

You'll get the "this was disconnected improperly" dialog box, but that's not an issue.

This is not an issue with OSX in general, although, were possible, one does want to eject "properly."
geoffbeneze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Irex Iliad (Dead), EcoReader (Smashed screen), Kobo Touch
Even when I just pull the plug, and get an improper disconnection dialogue, I still have no files actually transferred to the reader, even tho when I plug it back in, OS X seems to think there are files on the internal memory.

I've basically given up on getting files on to the internal memory, and just use an SD card with a usb reader.

Also, I'm on OS X 10.6, which might make a difference, and an EcoReader, rather than a BeBook, but identical problems.

Last edited by pwarren; 11-21-2010 at 08:02 PM.
pwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
geoffbeneze
geoffbeneze began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One
I'm also using 10.6.x. However, since I don't know the difference between the ecoreader and the bebook, it's hard to say.

I have had zero problems with loading anything to the reader, either to the SD card or directly to the reader's memory.

In general, there would be no problem with the method of disconnect from the Mac assuming the copy cycle was done. Normally you'll get the progress bar in a dialog box saying "copying from X to Y" and below the "thermometer bar" you'll get notification of time. remaining.

The ONLY problem I've run into is that the bebook creates blank files with the name of the book prefixed by an underscore. Example, "_Call of the Wild, Jack London". These files are ALWAYS located "in front" of the real files, no matter the sorting method. I haven't yet learned to remove them, since they're a PITA and contribute nothing.
geoffbeneze is offline   Reply With Quote