Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
ibishop
ibishop began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Can I Change Text File Reading Font?

Hi there, I have a 505 and am trying to make it use a Verdana-like font instead of the Dutch801 one it insists on using for text files.

So far, I have created a font named tt0011m_.ttf with the correct metadata by copying the tt0003m_.ttf (Swis721) file and modifying it using Font Creator. I placed it in the correct folder in prscustomizer on my SD card, and did a 5 and 6, but I still have Dutch801 when I try to read a text file.

Is it possible to make this change, or am I doing something wrong? I'm fairly certain the info is in here somewhere, but I can't find it... At least is someone sends me a kloo it'll be in an easily searchable thread...

Thanks, Ian
ibishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
ibishop
ibishop began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibishop View Post
Hi there, I have a 505 and am trying to make it use a Verdana-like font instead of the Dutch801 one it insists on using for text files.

So far, I have created a font named tt0011m_.ttf with the correct metadata by copying the tt0003m_.ttf (Swis721) file and modifying it using Font Creator. I placed it in the correct folder in prscustomizer on my SD card, and did a 5 and 6, but I still have Dutch801 when I try to read a text file.

Is it possible to make this change, or am I doing something wrong? I'm fairly certain the info is in here somewhere, but I can't find it... At least is someone sends me a kloo it'll be in an easily searchable thread...

Thanks, Ian
Well, it seems I can.. I followed the guide found here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27676

Ian
ibishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert