Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #16
UnderSeven
UnderSeven began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Unfortunately I've tried a different pc, different software and a different usb cable. It's the same every time.
UnderSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #17
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
What about draining the power, then letting the Reader sit for a couple of days, then recharging it?
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 01:20 AM   #18
UnderSeven

I tried disconnecting the battery, then recharging the reader, no change there.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:20 AM   #19
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
I wonder whether you tried this method.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27063

The cause is different but the symptom sounds a bit similar so I think it may be worth trying the method.

BTW, good luck on your PRS.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #20
UnderSeven

Tried this more or less, but gave it another shot to no luck. Thanks though.
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #21
UnderSeven

How do I get the serial consule to work after I have the hardware part done. Will I just be able to hook it up to a unix system and it should read it like an external device?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #22
hoyleysox
hoyleysox began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
I have the same problem

Just got off the phone with tech support in Manila. Paperweight ever since I ran the firmwear update. Still stuck in the updating screen. help:
hoyleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #23
hoyleysox
hoyleysox began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Fixed it!

Fixed it!

It is important that the PRS-505 be FULLY CHARGED before running the firmware upgrade. My PRS505 had two bars, which is less than fully charged. That is supposedly what caused the problem.

For some reason, my USB was not letting the device charge fully at this point. Charged it with an AC adaptor, reran the firmware upgrade and it works.

FYI: The PRS-505 uses the same AC adaptor as a PSP.
hoyleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #24
UnderSeven

I think you had a different problem.

Mine being faulty is really the only explanation I can come up with since I've tried literally everything I could.

As an update, I did get my problem fixed. But I ended up having to send it off to sony.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #25
lotaersk
lotaersk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi, there. My bricked PRS-505 was recalled to life.
My PRS was bricked during font change operation, and the yellow light kept flickering after that. I thought it was going to take several hours to get throught the flickering, then I slept with it flickering (not connected to a PC). When I wake up, I was desperate to see the yellow light.
Later, I got it connected with a PC, during which the yellow light kept flickering, no red light and there were 3 flash drives with no disk.
And after around 5 hours, the 3 flash drives were gone and the PRS was disconnected.
I tried to restart the PRS, but the yellow light would only flicker for once and wouldn't connect to the PC.
I used a PSP DC power, then the red light was on and the PRS could be restarted and I see the message saying the firmware update was not completed and connected to a PC, saw file "protected", ran update, recalled to life.

So, if you have the same problem, prepare a DC charger and try connecting your bricked PRS with a PC (without the DC charger on) for as long as it is disconnected, and restart it with the DC charger on. See if it will be recalled to life.

Good luck!

For reading Chinese on my PRS-505 in the future, I will only use a virtual printer (like CutePDF) to get the files into a picturized PDF file, though it is not pictures inside, since the file could be resized in PRS-505.
lotaersk is offline   Reply With Quote