Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
happyjon
Enthusiast
happyjon began at the beginning.

Device: none
An image doesn't show in Calibre created Epub

Hi, I've read the sticky on conversion problems and noted that a copy of the file is required. That's problematical as the file in question contains images of an adult nature, and though they aren't very strong I don't think them suitable for this forum.
Having explained why I'm not including the file, I hope you can still be of help, and my apologies for not sticking to the rules.
I've been learning how to create Epubs, using Calibre, with multiple images, and I'm making progress, but a problem has arisen I can't understand. Using an Odt file, the first conversion to Epub went fine, but I decided to include another image. After converting the file to Epub the new image is not showing, there's just a blank space. Yet when I open the Epub file in Sigil and ADE the image is there. Any idea what's happened? Thanks for any help you can give.
happyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
How about simply reproducing the problem with a different image so that you can then post the book and possibly find a solution?
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjon View Post
After converting the file to Epub the new image is not showing, there's just a blank space.
@happyjon - Where is it not showing - in the book editor, book viewer, on your device... ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote