Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #16
Luffier
Luffier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
It doesn't seems to work. K3Chess doesn't recognise it. Can you check this in your device? Thx.
Luffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffier View Post
Can you check this in your device? Thx.
Oh! That is interesting, it seems to work on my device:
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	es.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	77700

Could it be related to the fact that I also have the font hack installed... I am puzzled.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #18
Luffier
Luffier began at the beginning.

It was frustrating but I finally do it. I changed the language by editing the K3Chess.ini file and I also change the encoding to UTF-8 whitout BOM (the other .ini files have this encode, but I don't know anything about this subject, so...) (i'm using Notepad++).
Luffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hungarian localisation

Hi!

Here is Hungarian locale.
Congratulation for your program. It would be nice to present, how to implement new engines.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip hu.zip (1.1 KB, 318 views)
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #20
Vitel
Enthusiast
Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3 (broken), Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Fire, Kindle 4 Black
Luffier, Kindlevarazs
Thank you for your feedback and contributions! Nice job!
As for additional engines, they must support cross-compiling for ARM architecture. So far I was able to cross-compile five open-source engines, one of which (TSCP) was excluded, because it overloaded CPU and prevented normal update of e-Ink screen, and Phalanx was excluded because it worked extremely slow on Kindle. The three engines included in the build represent different trends in chess engine development. Crafty is a well-known 'reference' engine, Glaurung is the immediate 'father' of Stockfish engine, and Toga II is a descendant of Fruit. Actually I don't know how much difference Stockfish or Fruit can introduce on an embedded system. Anyway, if you know of a good open-source engine, that is worth a try, please post a link here. I will check if it can be compiled and if it runs smoothly on Kindle. If so, it can be included in one of the next builds.

Last edited by Vitel; 10-13-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Vitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 03:11 AM   #21
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I will look around. Stockfish 2.1.1 run nicely on Kindle...
Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #22
Vitel
Enthusiast
Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlevarazs View Post
Thanks, I will look around. Stockfish 2.1.1 run nicely on Kindle...
If you have a ready-made engine executable for Kindle, you can simply add it to the 'engines/YourEngineName' subfolder as described in K3Chess manual (see "Adding chess engines" section). Then add an 'engine.ini' file for that engine. The resulting file may look like this:
Code:
[Description]
EngineName=My cool engine
Executable=mycoolengine
EngineType=UCI (or XBoard)

[Profile1]
Name=Default
Old 10-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #23
gerion
gerion began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffier View Post
It was frustrating but I finally do it. I changed the language by editing the K3Chess.ini file and I also change the encoding to UTF-8 whitout BOM (the other .ini files have this encode, but I don't know anything about this subject, so...) (i'm using Notepad++).
Thank you for this, I had the same problem.
gerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #24
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
Hi Vitel,

great job. The game is great.

What is actually the easiest setting/engine for me as a chess beginner?

Again - thanks for the app.
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #25
ahorso
ahorso began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Do not get it to work in Spanish. What should I do?

Thanks!!!!!
ahorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #26
K3w
K3w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wireless
German

Nice App for the Kindle

The German Translation

(sorry, not the best Translation but running)
Attached Files
File Type: zip german.zip (1.2 KB, 492 views)

Last edited by K3w; 10-21-2011 at 06:24 AM.
K3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #27
ahorso
ahorso began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorso View Post
Do not get it to work in Spanish. What should I do?

Thanks!!!!!
I've done it!!

The utf8 file of Luffier in Spanish :
Attached Files
File Type: rar es.rar (1.1 KB, 994 views)

Last edited by ahorso; 10-21-2011 at 04:36 AM.
ahorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #28
K3w
K3w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wireless
German Translation, new Version 2
Attached Files
File Type: zip german-v2.zip (1.2 KB, 324 views)
K3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #29
Vitel
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by George's Kindle View Post
Hi Vitel,

great job. The game is great.

What is actually the easiest setting/engine for me as a chess beginner?

Again - thanks for the app.
Thanks for the feedback, I am glad you liked the app. I guess the easiest setting would be "Crafty" in "Weak" mode, but you can make the engine even dumber by editing the "engine.ini" file in the "engines/crafty" directory. There is a command called "sd 5" there. This is the search depth (how far the engine searches from the current position, in halfmoves). Try to change that to "sd 4" or even "sd 3". After getting some experience at that setting, you can change it back to "sd 5".

Last edited by Vitel; 10-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur

You'd better to "enhance" your chess program with weaker engines:-))) for "not-so-advanced-players"