Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
Lia Sebastian
Lia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch
I very much enjoy Calibre. I will ask my dogs what they think of it when they wake up from their naps. I suspect they do not like it as much as I do, but that's only because it doesn't shoot out dog treats when it opens.
Lia Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilgamm View Post
Everybody and their dog is raving about Calibre.
Indeed it is the best doc conversion software to be found, and it has an excellent reading interface. But here it ends.
As for the rest, it is catastrophic.
It would have been so simple, so obvious, to program this "book manager" as any library, book shop, librarian and book-lover classify their books and have been doing all over the world and in any language, that is to display titles starting with the surname, then the name, then the series if any, and then the title - with the article in its due place and not thrown out or at the end of said title.
Oh Gawd, not again. Look go program your own if you don't like it.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia Sebastian View Post
I very much enjoy Calibre. I will ask my dogs what they think of it when they wake up from their naps. I suspect they do not like it as much as I do, but that's only because it doesn't shoot out dog treats when it opens.

I suspect you are correct.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If it's bad for the low-life scum who steal e-books, then we should be thankful for it.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia Sebastian View Post
There's a feature request thread somewhere around here, perhaps post this there and we'll see it in 0.9.12?
FaceDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilgamm View Post
Everybody and their dog is raving about Calibre.
Neither one of my dogs have anything good to say about Calibre. Maybe because one is reading Silas the Bookstore Cat and the other is reading The Fire Cat.

Maybe it's NOT Calibre, but their reading material.
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
rah68
readaholic
rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD 8.9
I agree with the previous posters........If you dont like it............leave it.
Or proceed to Mr. Kovid and offer suggestions.
This time leave the eggnog behind :-)
rah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #23
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I think someone got their seasons wrong and released their inner troll instead of a friendly cute elf.
There is a season just for trolls?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I was just thinking it's been a while since our last Whine and Dash. Not a very substantial effort, though, I must say. It was a bit pitchy.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #25
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseFam5 View Post
Can't tell if trolling...
My thoughts exactly. OP's first post, so the alarms are going off.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #26
rah68
readaholic
rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.rah68 knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
My thoughts exactly. OP's first post, so the alarms are going off.
and, it seems, his/her last
rah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I suppose I get moderated again if I call the Op a Troll. So I won't. But it does look like a duck, quack like a duck......
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If it's bad for the low-life scum who steal e-books, then we should be thankful for it.
Actually, it's not bad. It's just the OP is idiot (troll is used wrong here so I'll go with idiot as troll means going onto IRC to try to find someone to cyber with).

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-08-2013 at 03:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote