Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Howdy147
Howdy147 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Still DRM after putting through ADE first

Hello, I'm very new to this so apologies if this is a daft question! I've bought a book for my kobo, opened it and saved it to ADE library, have pulled it into Calibre but it won't open or convert as it says it's still DRM protected. What am I doing wrong?
Howdy147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The reason you had to use ADE in the first place to download is because of the books DRM.

ADE doesn't remove DRM, nor does Calibre (without the help of Apprentice Alf).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You're doing nothing wrong ... except for maybe thinking that the process you're describing is somehow supposed to make DRM go away?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Howdy147
Howdy147 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You're doing nothing wrong ... except for maybe thinking that the process you're describing is somehow supposed to make DRM go away?
So ADE doesn't strip out the DRM so I can read the books on my different devices? I thought that was the whole point of it?
Howdy147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
No, the whole point is allowing you to read them at diferent authorized devices.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy147 View Post
So ADE doesn't strip out the DRM so I can read the books on my different devices? I thought that was the whole point of it?
No, it allows the Authorized (ADE) device to read it. That is the Management part.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Once you download the ebook to ADE, it should allow you to read the ebook on any device/app (up to 6?) that's registered to that same Adobe ID (that you registered ADE with).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There is a 3rd party plugin for Calibre that will strip the DRM when you first import the ebook. See Apprencice Alf's Blog for more info on DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, calibre, drm, kobo