Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglefast View Post
wow, i've never seen the sony that low and may have considered it over the jetbook at that price. frozen, where was it that 505s were selling that low? being cdn, i may have to go there for my future purchases.
at shoprbc.com Right now they're selling at CDN$295.

Here is the original post

Last edited by frozennorth; 07-07-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: added link to mobileread post
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #17
tanglefast
Technophile
tanglefast has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: jetbook, ipod touch, asus 1000HE with eee-rotate
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
at shoprbc.com Right now they're selling at CDN$295.

Here is the original post
thanks for the info. bookmarked for future shopping. at the same price i may have gone for the sony prs, but i'll find out how much i enjoy the jetbook once neweggs ships my order.
tanglefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #18
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Wow! 300 Euros for a jetBook! I am not sure if I would buy one at that price. I like the screen better than the Kindle, and I use my jetBook for reading all the time, but that's pretty expensive for my perceived quality of the unit. The 121 Euros I paid here in the States [delivered] seems about right, maybe I would pay a little more for the red one.

I cannot post a screen shot of mobi/prc books but they look great! Very readable and better than they look on my GF's Kindle, IMHO. My only complaint about the jetBook is that the buttons seem a little cheap and I would change the arrangement. The slide button on the right sticks a little, but , again for the price, it's great!
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #19
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcysr View Post
Wow! 300 Euros for a jetBook! I am not sure if I would buy one at that price. I like the screen better than the Kindle, and I use my jetBook for reading all the time, but that's pretty expensive for my perceived quality of the unit. The 121 Euros I paid here in the States [delivered] seems about right, maybe I would pay a little more for the red one.

I cannot post a screen shot of mobi/prc books but they look great! Very readable and better than they look on my GF's Kindle, IMHO. My only complaint about the jetBook is that the buttons seem a little cheap and I would change the arrangement. The slide button on the right sticks a little, but , again for the price, it's great!
I agree, I have a jetBook and a Sony PRS505, and I don't think I've turned the Sony on more than once or twice since I got the jetBook, and then only to compare the screens.

The build quality of the jetBook seems to be considerably less than the Sony, but since build quality is a highly subjective call, only time will tell. I’ll let you know if the buttons start falling off. And I would NOT pay 300€ for either.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #20
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I have my jetBook more than one year and still have no any problems with buttons.
300€ sounds like very expensive price. I think that this price includes VAT tax.
I'm sure that some companies in Europe sell it for cheaper price
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #21
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Yes, it includes VAT and shipping. Haven't found any other resellers in Europe, but Is suppose one could purchase it from ebay?
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #22
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I just want to clarify my comments. I think the jetBook is very sturdy and solid.

I bought one each for my 13 year old boys. It appears to be a rugged unit, much more so than any of the Kindles we have had, and we have had SEVERAL of each type of Kindle now.

Although rugged and sturdy, and the buttons work just fine, the tactile quality feels inexpensive and the design is not as nice as the Kindle, although the screen is better.

I would change location of the buttons and give them a different feel, maybe softer, however this is nitpicking.

It is the unit I always seem to pick up and read, especially outside; Great screen in the direct sun and I'm not afraid I'm going to break it.

Be nice if they water-proofed it and made it float, though. I added a wrist lanyard to it so I wouldn't drop it overboard when on the boat.

Tip: I have used mine in a heavy duty zip-loc freezer bag for the hot-tub and the boat. Works better than you would think, would work with any reader.

Sorta reminds me of a Suzuki Samurai I once had when i was younger. It would always get you there, no matter where you were going or whatever the conditions, but it wasn't the fanciest date vehicle.

Last edited by mcysr; 07-17-2009 at 10:37 AM.
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook review