Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Hello everyone.

Well, after much research I finally took the plunge and ordered my first Digital Reader (Sony PRS505). After I began to question some of the DRM schemes, I quickly found myself hooked on these very helpful forums. I look forward to joining in on some of the discussion boards very soon. (Now if that UPS guy would only show up with my goodies! Darn hurricane Ike is gumming up the whole works! Can't live without me new reader!)

-Abisha
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead Abisha. Glad that you are here.

I've had my Sony Reader for almost two years and have not missed many days when I have not used it. Along the way I have been able to reduce over a full bookcase's worth of paper books as well as several boxes worth of books from the basement. A lot of these were classics that I now have in ebook form. (They are available for free in the MobileRead download section.)

Beyond that, most of the books that I have purchased are from Fictionwise. They are currently having a sale on their 1 year memberships that rebates (through store credit ot "Micropay dollars" the full membership price plus gives you a free ebook up to $10). The thread that describes that is located here. It ends soon.

Look around, make your self to home. If you need anything, just ask.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Abisha and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 back in January and like it a lot. And you'll get lots of friendly advice and help from all the bookworms here.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote