Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
juston.pearson
juston.pearson began at the beginning.

Device: 912
Help: PB912 TTS Voice Zip password

Doe anyone know how/where can I get a password for the zip file containing the Text-To-Speech pbi file that I downloaded from pocketbook website here:

http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/node/2309

I just cant seem to locate the password. I want to install the 4 english ones to see which I like best. I have the pocketbook 912 pro (I just got it). Thank you all in advance.

Justin
juston.pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
What password... for that matter ... what zip ?! they are available to download as .pbi files
If you saved them with the wrong extension (make sure your file manager show extensions first) just change it back to .pbi (or redownload and save properly).
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
juston.pearson

I cant seem to download it as a .pbi file; only as a .zip file. The .zip extension is the only extension available. The .zip file containing the .pbi file is password protected. I can't be the only one with this problem, right?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: prs 505, pocketbook 903, onyx boox m92
hi juston.pearson,

for me its ust the .pbi files as well.
jbaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Try renaming it from .zip to .pbi and follow the install instructions, possibly your browser changes the extension because of wrong handling of the mime/type.

Edit: consider this especially true if the files inside your 'zip' file are a 'sinstall' folder and '_scriptInstall' file.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #6
juston.pearson

Hello jbaach,

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. I hope we have a fix for this soon.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
hi juston.pearson,
as pointed out previously, .pbi files are compressed archives, and for some reason your downloading program probably changes the file extension as .zip .
You don't need to unzip the content. Just change the extension from .zip to .pbi then follow the instructions of the installation manual, and it's done.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
juston.pearson

Thank you all,

Changing the extension did not work for me. However, I downloaded and installed Mozilla Firefox browser and worked fine.

It just would not download with the .pbi extension no matter what I did using Windows Internet Explorer 9 Version 9.0.8112.16421 with the 32-Bit version of MS Vista OS.

So the fix for me was simply changing my browser to Mozilla Firefox. I hope this helps others with the problem!

Regards,

Justin