Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
pocketeers
pocketeers began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Android App Stores (includes sales figures)

Hi Everyone,

Many of us know what a pain it is having to submit our Android apps to multiple app stores so I will save many of you the time and effort

We recently launched a couple of free apps across a number of Android portals and then done a blog post covering the actual download figures for one of the apps across a number of portals.

Take a read at http://www.drmop.com/?p=32, actual download figures are included as well as an update to the figures today

Hope this little blog post saves some of you the time we have wasted

Would also be useful to see if others are experiencing similar trends

Mat
pocketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Mat,

This may well be useful to some, but I note that your free Funky Cam 3D app that you refer to was loaded to the Android Market on August 8th. On the same day someone called 'Mat' gave it 5 stars.

The other two reviewers gave it 1 star and 2 stars and said that it didn't work, which might be why the download figures aren't higher there.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 08-31-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
pocketeers

Graham,

I think all Android developers should take a good hard look at this before they sink countless thousands of dollars into the Android platform. My next blog will be much more interesting, which will be comparing the figures for a game and app across 4 platforms (Android, iOS, Bada and Blackberry) and multiple app stores

I would hazard a guess that there are a few thousand if not not hundred thousand Android users with the same name. Users do usually leave ratings on the day that an app is released, Day 1 is usually the most popular day for an Android app for many developers, although that may have changed with the removal of the "Just In" section from the Android Market.

Lastly, Funky Cam has had the following ratings:

5 stars x 2
2 stars x 1
1 star x 2

So the response is a bit of a mix. This is to be expected with an app like Funky Cam. It can be a little difficult to use as there are so many different options for the user to change. In addition, no Android developer can ensure that their app works across all Android devices, its impossible without spending a large amount of money on QA houses. Fact is Funky Cam is a unique app and we didn't expect to make millions from it, we put it out there just for users to have fun with. Users that actually paid for the app seem to like it as 66% of them still have it installed.

Last edited by pocketeers; 08-31-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
One sample point does not a survey make.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
pocketeers

Hence my comment, "Would also be useful to see if others are experiencing similar trends". I can then make a more rounded article. From what we have read around the net however, it looks like our app is doing quite well in comparison
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #6
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: googgle ads
I really appreciate your efforts... Your efforts will save the time and energy of various android app developers.........
Nick Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, app, figures, sales, store