Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Unhappy UI ? - Total count of books in library gone?

Hello!

I recently updated Calibre from version .9.8 to version .9.33. I noticed that the toolbar icon of the 4 books stacked together no longer shows the count of the books I have loaded into Calibre as it used to, but the name of the location of my Calibre library. I saw the number of total books has been added to the lower left hand corner display after Kovid Goyal's name, along with the number of books I have selected in Calibre.

I miss the total number of books display under the stacked books, is there any way of changing the UI preferences to display it? I have yet to find one, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks so much!
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoGirl View Post
Hello!

I recently updated Calibre from version .9.8 to version .9.33. I noticed that the toolbar icon of the 4 books stacked together no longer shows the count of the books I have loaded into Calibre as it used to, but the name of the location of my Calibre library. I saw the number of total books has been added to the lower left hand corner display after Kovid Goyal's name, along with the number of books I have selected in Calibre.

I miss the total number of books display under the stacked books, is there any way of changing the UI preferences to display it? I have yet to find one, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks so much!
it moved

Look down

on the bottom line
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
VirgoGirl
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
it moved

Look down

on the bottom line
Hi! Yeah, I saw that, but I was hoping there was a way to bring it back to where it was. I'm so used to looking at the top, I don't like it at the bottom.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hi! Yeah, I saw that, but I was hoping there was a way to bring it back to where it was. I'm so used to looking at the top, I don't like it at the bottom.
It tells you more in a single place which is now more important now that there are Virtual Libraries.
Why the am I only getting 1 result?
...147 Total], I am looking at a subset
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
VirgoGirl : I confess to perhaps having played a part in instigating this change. See this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210078

No one put up a counter argument/suggestion and to his credit Kovid made me present a coherent case for the change

Goes without saying, that I'd support a Preferences setting that toggled having the counters where they were or having them where they are. But that's up to Kovid.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I sympathize with the disruption caused by this change, I too hate having a user interface I am used to change, which is why the calibre user interface changes very rarely, but having all the counts collected in one place (total, virtual library, selected) is a better design, as pointed out by theducks. You will get used to it after a few days.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
VirgoGirl

Thanks for the replies! Hi Kovid!

Yep, I'll get used to it but I won't LIKE it.

I DO like the "cover flow" - was that always there? I never used it before. It's cool! But I still want my numbers back, LOL!

Thanks again for the replies!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I'm sort of used to it, but having a small screen right now I sometimes move it out of sight. Would be great on the title bar.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I, too, really do not like the new location and hope Kovid will put it back on the title bar where it is far more useful and belongs. If it ain't broke...
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I, too, really do not like the new location and hope Kovid will put it back on the title bar where it is far more useful and belongs. If it ain't broke...
I actually meant the top bar where it tells you the library name not the toolbar where it was although I too preferred it there.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I just want a couple of spaces (3?) to help differentiate the version/creator from the count. Changing it to: "___[17 of 2394 books, 1 selected]" is probably sufficient.

Limited screen sizes might require a Tweak for this; or, have an internal screen resolution test for including the extra spaces only on larger screen sizes.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #12
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Thanks for the replies! Hi Kovid!

Yep, I'll get used to it but I won't LIKE it.

I DO like the "cover flow" - was that always there? I never used it before. It's cool! But I still want my numbers back, LOL!

Thanks again for the replies!
Moving the cursor over the icon gives the total books in the library. At least it does in the version I am using.
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
VirgoGirl

Yep, mine does to. But then I have to scroll over it.. *whine whine whine*