Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
TIP: Use ImpGlue to quickly and easily produce a Photo Album (For REB 1200)

Are there REB 1200 users out there? This easy to use program is for you!

The BookDesigner ("BD") program is used by many to produce text based ebooks. Now it can be used to make a quick and dirty Photo Album for the REB 1200. All colours are retained, but there doesn't seem to be an option to create a (grayscale) 1150 .imp.
BTW, BD doesn't know how to create a 16 grayscale image for the 1150 as it only produces B & W dithered images (as used on the REB 1100)
If you look in the install directory for BD (usually 'C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0') you will notice a program called 'ImpGlue.exe'

If you run the ImpGlue program a window will appear asking you for Title and Author as well as place to drag'n'drop your images. Now these images MUST be in .png format for the program to accept them (just use irfanview to convert your .jpg to .png).

Tap the 'make imp' button and, in a flash, your Photo Album will appear. The resulting .imp is stored in the directory where your (.png) images are stored.

I shudder to think what graphic ebooks (Photo Albums) may be uploaded now...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hm, interesting... can bd create a text .imp for 1150 ? if so, couldn't you just leave the images in color but generate the correct format ? it can't display colors, but maybe they would be translated to grey scale by the device itself (or the viewer) ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
BTW, BD doesn't know how to create a 16 grayscale image for the 1150 as it only produces B & W dithered images (as used on the REB 1100)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, interesting... can bd create a text .imp for 1150 ? if so, couldn't you just leave the images in color but generate the correct format ? it can't display colors, but maybe they would be translated to grey scale by the device itself (or the viewer) ?
Sorry, I put the most important answer to your question in small print in my original post. It should have been in larger print!

My remaining gripe with BD is that it cannot generate 16 grayscale images for the EBW 1150; only B & W grainy ones (that it uses for the REB 1100). This means that any 1150 .imp produced by BD will only have these grainy images. Check some of the covers of the .imp ebooks in the upload section.

Usually .prc ebooks have full colour images for covers and such. This is why I like to use Mobi2IMP to convert .prc to .imp since the 16 grayscale images are retained.

BTW, BD does retain all colour for the REB 1200 .imp it creates!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-27-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: fixing typos
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
In BD you have to select which device to output and this determines the page size as well a color. You can select 1150 but then it does the black/white thing and dithers for gray. Very poor results.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Sorry, I put the most important answer to your question in small print in my original post. It should have been in larger print!

My remaining gripe with BD is that it cannot generate 16 grayscale images for the EBW 1150; only B & W grainy ones (that it uses for the REB 1100). This means that any 1150 .imp produced by BD will have only have these grainy images. Check some of the covers of the .imp ebooks in the upload section.

Usually .prc ebooks have full colour images. This is why I like to use Mobi2IMP to convert .prc to .imp since the 16 grayscale images are retained.

BTW, BD does retain all colour for the REB 1200 .imp it creates!
no; i saw what you said the first time, my question was more to know if it were possible to get around this problem by letting the 1150 *itself* do the conversion, not BD. however Dale has answered that for me since apparently you cannot prevent it from making the monochrome images. too bad.

but it's good to know this, in case i ever decide to start using bd (not likely...) or am in a case where i can choose between a bd produced imp and a mobi (if there are any images, choose the mobi, and convert it myself...).

thanks for clearing that up (both of you).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert