Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
Ste.Celery
Ste.Celery began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
UI Customization Questions

Hi,

I've been lurking the forums for a year or so, but just registered today.

I'm wondering if there is a way to create spaces between the icons in the toolbar the way one can with Firefox, for example. The separators are ok to divide sections, but everything is still really cramped up and smashed together. I tried adding a blank .png file to my icon set, but it does not show up in the options for Toolbar Items to be added or removed.

I'm, also, wondering how I change the background color of the Book Details, Cover Browser and the Tag Browser Panels and what changes, if any, can be made to the Edit Metadata window.

I've downloaded the flat Metro icon pack; are there any full skins for the app? Is there any way to move the items in the Toolbar to the sidebar where the Tag Browser lives?

In general, I'd just appreciate any information you can throw at me about how to make changes to the visual aspects of the UI. I'm not a coder, but I can follow directions.

Thanks
Ste.Celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ste.Celery - the options are limited here's a few things I spring to miod

Try setting Preferences->Look and Feel->Show text under icons to Always

Try setting Preferences->Look and Feel->Icon size to Small

Try the ==>> [GUI Plugin] Favourites Menu Plugin. Add lesser user icons to it and remove them from main toolbar

Try the different Preferences->Behaviour->Edit metadata (single) layout options

Browse the Preferences->Tweaks-> there are a couple of items that effect layout sequence - but not style.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert