Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
lecoeur
Connoisseur
lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Asda uk drop prices of touch

http://direct.asda.com/on/demandware...ch-Show?q=kobo
Surely WH Smith will have to follow and knock £10 off the current list price as well. As no kindle touch available in UK yet, this move could force Amz to drop their basic kindle prices even more in the UK, where according to industry stats they have complete market dominance.
When you consider that the Kobo touch has only been available here for 3 months it's dropped from £109 to £87 which is a steep discount.(approx $35).
Looks like it's 'game on' in the UK for E-readers after years of lagging behind and big ticket prices.
lecoeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Well good luck to the KT then, I do think it's better than the Kindle.
Whatever the case and people's preferences, it's all healthy competition.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Similar here in Australia
The generally available price for a Kobo Touch is $145- Australian but one retailer 'OfficeWorks' has dropped the price to $129- that's where I bought mine

Kindle prices vary a little but the Sony is the same $179- everywhere, I suspect Sony has a tight grip on a delicate part of retailers anatomy !
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
Similar here in Australia

Kindle prices vary a little but the Sony is the same $179- everywhere, I suspect Sony has a tight grip on a delicate part of retailers anatomy !
Just one of the many reasons for not buying anything Sony!
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
tsb1
Enthusiast
tsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five wordstsb1 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
That's the reason I didn't get an eReader until recently. In the UK the cheapest was Kindle with any others being much more expensive (didn't want to be tied to Amazon - didn't know about Calibre then - and wanted to be able to borrow library books - which you still can't do in the UK with Kindle). Once the Kobo was available I bought it.
tsb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo, rdlecoeur