Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
No new or replacement DX until August!

Just saw this thread on the Amazon Discussion Boards - looks legit - apparently Amazon has really sold out of the DX and either kept none in reserve for replacing bad units - or has sent them all out as replacements by now.

http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/for...TxUOI23FH6F1SE

Imagine - having your Kindle die - and no replacement until August!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I wonder if they will be giving out loaner K2s for broken DXs? I would so go into withdrawal!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
bummer...maybe there is a shortage of screens or something
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Wow that is simply poor management. I often wonder how corporate execs claim to deserve those huge salaries when they can't manage the simplest thing, like supply/demand of one of their flagship products.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Thumbs down Dont count on it.

It took me 3 months to get a Kindle 1 replacement after a little mishap.

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Wow that is simply poor management. I often wonder how corporate execs claim to deserve those huge salaries when they can't manage the simplest thing, like supply/demand of one of their flagship products.
They introduced a product that has never seen the light of day (an oversized e-reader)- how in the world do they anticipate the exact sales? Besides legions of them would be fired if they overestimated and had to warehouse thousands of them.

Poor management -right, that's why Amazon is one of the most successful internet companies and one of the few companies of any kind to thrive in the depression. I wish my portfolio was full of poorly managed companies like this one.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
...that's why Amazon is one of the most successful internet companies and one of the few companies of any kind to thrive in the depression. I wish my portfolio was full of poorly managed companies like this one.
You and me, both.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I like when people get busy bashing Amazon. Keep up the good work guyz.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
rijker
curiouser and curiouser
rijker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rijker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rijker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rijker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX, K1,K2, iTouch 16gb
And couldn't it just be that there *is* a huge demand for a product like the DX, that Amazon ordered and received a ton of inventory in advance (as much as the supplier could produce) which really *did* completely sell out quickly because a *whole lot* of folks wanted to buy these items? Maybe, just maybe the DX is simply a successful product!
hehe - I know I wouldn't trade my DX back for anything and am glad I pre-ordered.

well, heading out to sit and read by sunny Puget Sound - will pack a lunch and make it a DX picnic... happy July 3rd-4th holiday all!
rijker is offline   Reply With Quote