Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Smile Document conversion causing Spoiling

I was given a bunch of free ebooks which were formatted awfully. There was a huge amount of work required to get them straight and ready to load on the ereader.

But I found that unless I was really careful, especially towards the end of a short story with a twist etc, I was getting to see plot lines and phrases which in effect became spoilers.

Mentioned this to a friend who reads a different genre but had the same problem. So we have swapped files, I am reformating his stuff and he is doing mine. Now if I could get to grips with Calibre's REGEX and add that to my armory of Word Macro's I'd be sorted.

Funny thing is I find the conversion process although sometimes repetitive, quite therapeutic.
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
That is an ingenuous solution to the problem! Good on ya for coming up with it!
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Good idea
Perhaps try calibre's preprocess input option to save a lot of work. It has improved greatly.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote