Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
cirerita
cirerita began at the beginning.

Device: PC
EPub to PDF

Hi,

I just bought a bunch of pdf and epub ebooks. They open and read fine in Adobe Digital Editions. Problem is, I would need to be able to search given words in all the ebooks. As far as I can see, I can search words within the document which is open, but not in the other files which are in the same directory.

An option to solve this would be to convert the epub files to pdf and use Acrobat Reader. I tried Calibre, but the resulting pdf file was too small and weird (less pages than the original epub file and the links within the document are no longer working). IS there any good tool to convert epub files to pdf?

thanks!
cirerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Jellby's script (post #11) for using Prince XML to convert ePub to PDF works beautifully.

It was written in linux, and it might take some effort to get it work on a PC/Windows machine. I'm hoping someone will eventually convert it to Python to make it more portable.

Last edited by frabjous; 11-05-2009 at 12:09 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert