Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
cheese bogart
Connoisseur
cheese bogart has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: prs-505 (Silver), Ipad
Help needed

Hi All,

I want to start a small library of books ahead of buying my first ereader (I'm waiting for the Wizpac Txtr) and I need some help.

I downloaded the azardi programme, but when I downloaded a book from this site I got ask what I wanted to open the file with. I search for azardi but couldn't find it anywhere even though there is a desktop icon for it.

Is this programme bugged or is it me being a doughnut? Is there a better programme I should be using? If anyone could help I would be most grateful.

Last edited by cheese bogart; 05-18-2009 at 02:04 PM.
cheese bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
What format was the book you downloaded? Are you sure it was the right format for Azardi?

If so, try the following:
  1. Find the book in Windows Explorer or My Computer.
  2. Right-click on it and choose Open With.
  3. In the resulting list of programs, choose Azardi. If it's not there, click Browse, and navigate to the Azardi executable file (its location will be wherever you installed it to).
  4. Tick the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
    Click OK.
  5. If you don't see "Open with" at step 2, above, choose Open, then Select From Program List, and proceed as before.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, report back.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
cheese bogart
Connoisseur

I tried that it asked if I wanted to open it with azardi.ink. Clicked on that, it then said something about not being able to find it.

However I have since noticed that if I'm using vista (64bit) I have to open something in the text editor and change a line. I am using vista though what bit it is, god only knows! Also I have no idea of what they mean by opening up the text editor. I guess I should have put that when it comes to computers I am about as capable as a newborn.

So I guess I'm gonna look for a different programme to use. Does anyone have any recommendations? As I said before its gonna have to be really simple to use for me to understand

Thanks for the help Mike. Though you did make me doubt myself for second when you asked what format I had downloaded!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese bogart View Post
Hi All,

I want to start a small library of books ahead of buying my first ereader (I'm waiting for the Wizpac Txtr) and I need some help.

I downloaded the azardi programme, but when I downloaded a book from this site I got ask what I wanted to open the file with. I search for azardi but couldn't find it anywhere even though there is a desktop icon for it.

Is this programme bugged or is it me being a doughnut? Is there a better programme I should be using? If anyone could help I would be most grateful.
Azardi is for changing the data within an .ePub file. If you're building a library, then Calibre is the way to go. There's a whole subsection of the forum dedicated to Calibre. The wizpac TXTR, as far as I recall, supports .ePub, so you should be good to go with Calibre to build up that library for when you buy the device.

Hope this helps out

EDIT: Link to the Calibre sub-forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

Link to the download of Calibre http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
cheese bogart
Connoisseur

Thanks Moejoe.

Just downloaded calibre and hey presto I managed to open the epub book straight away.

Now is there anyway to have this thread removed as my problems have been solved. Plus I'd rather not have my stupidity advertised across cyberspace
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Your questions will stay here in infamy. It is also helpful in case others encounter the same situation. Think of yourself as a trailblazer.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
cheese bogart
Connoisseur

Yeah..... Just like Forrest Gump
Old 05-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #8
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Glad you've got it fixed, Cheese.

As far as removing the thread is concerned, it's better to leave it here. It might be useful if anyone else has a similar problem.

Happy reading.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote