Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw123 View Post
I'm concerned with Amazon's refusal to accept their Gift Certificates in payment for any Kindle book or other accessory sold via Kindle. I think Calif. where I live has laws to prevent merchants abusing their fully paid at purchase gift certificates in this manner. I wonder if this doesn't presage Amazon selling Kindle once it is successful and they can get their price for it by keeping the cross-links between Amazon and Kindle to a minimum.
Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif.

Charles, Amazon has never refused to accept their GC's for Kindle books or the Kindle. You simply have to apply it to your account, a simple 5 second process. Once thats done, all purchases, kindle related or otherwise, come off the GC first.

This has been around since the Kindle came out, and I'm amazed anyone still believes it.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #17
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw123 View Post
I'm concerned with Amazon's refusal to accept their Gift Certificates in payment for any Kindle book or other accessory sold via Kindle.
What? Amazon accepts gift certificates just fine. Just apply the gift certificate before shopping via Kindle. I have three gift certificates I am spending on Kindle books right now.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Old post from 2007.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I hope you two realize the age of that post. It's from late December 2007. It was correct at that time.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #20
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
How did that get bumped? Sorry for responding to such an old thread.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 AM   #21
Thomas Ryan
Connoisseur
Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Just stumbled across this pocket EVDO AP/router:

http://www.cradlepoint.com/ctr350/ctr350.php

It got me wondering if one might not work through a Kindle's EVDO connection? I know it likely will not but you know eventually someone will figure a way to do it...
No, there is no known way you can use the Kindle as a "modem", or gateway for another computer or device to access the Internet as a "free" Internet access point.
Thomas Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #22
N0NJY
Time Traveler
N0NJY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I'm GLAD someone bumped it. Thank you. I had heard this and believed it TOO..... now I KNOW.

I really hate visiting a forum site and people whining about "bumping old threads" then three messages later complain because 'there's already an existing thread for that material'.

I run several forums. BUMP that OLD thread if it is pertinent to the subject instead of re-asking the SAME questions weeks, months or even years later.
N0NJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #23
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
As pointed out in this thread, Amazon has enabled gift certificates to be applied to Kindle book purchases.

I'm a CA resident, and I don't believe this is true. CA does disallow expiration of gift certificates, but to the best of my knowledge does not require that they be accepted for everything the business sells. It is very common for businesses to have gift certificates that only apply to, say, the merchant's online stores but not retail shops (or vice versa) and these have never been challenged.
Not true that a business in CA can limit the use of a PURCHASED gift certificate. Cash was paid for the certificate and unless there were specific limits/purposes on the cert's use at the time of purchase, the business cannot limit the scope of merchandise it can be used to purchase.

OTH, state law (at least I recall it is a law, it may be just standard practice though) prevents allowing the purchase of alcohol/tobacco/dairy (I think dairy also) but those products can't be used to qualify for a store awarded loyalty gift certificate. Likewise, store awarded gift certificates can have a limited scope of eligible products. But limits on consumer purchased gift certificates cannot be limited, they are the same as cash.

BTW.....DAAAAANG this was an OLD thread of mine...HAHAHAHA...at least we aren't talking about co-opting the MBB connection on the Kindle as a hot spot, though I never really tried using my MBB router/hotspot.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote