Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
daedalus13
daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daedalus13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPC
Moon+ syncing to Dropbox?

The latest version of Moon+ says that it syncs bookmarks/positions to Dropbox, but I haven't figured out to get it working seamlessly/automatically.

It seems like I could manually force the app to do this, and it takes several steps. I'm wondering if there is a way to get the app to do this automatically.

While Moon reader is not the easiest app to navigate, I happen to like it's features better than Aldiko (which I am using Aldiko Sync to sync currently). I use a couple of different devices to read, and need something to seamlessly sync.

Am I missing something, or does Moon+ just not have this capability currently?
daedalus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Scroll down to the end of the Miscellaneous menu.
You will find a checkbox titled "Sync reading positions via Dropbox".
Check the box, it is not checked by default.
You should be good to go.

I have Sony and a HTC tablets and so far I have had no problems keeping them in sync.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
montymaverick
montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
I may be retarded, but I can't find the sync option, the last item on my menu is "Backup."

Can someone help?
montymaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Make sure you're trying to get to the settings from an open book. Where you're given the options "Visual Options", "Control Options", and "Miscellaneous". On the Miscellaneous page it's almost to the very bottom.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
Mandabar
Fanfiction Devourer
Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android: Moon+ Reader Pro
I have this done, but my 2 phones don't seem to keep in sync at all. They always just start off again where I left the book at, not in sync with the further read position of the other device. Dropbox does get updated though with each closing of the phones, so the saving of the new position is working at the least.

Argh.
Mandabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #6
renehasekamp
renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I use an Eee pad Transformer TF101 and a Nexus 7.
My sync issue

I have Moon+ reader on three devices. When I close a device and chek Dropbox, I can see that a read position has just been uploaded. But when I open the book on a diferent device, it does not sync. However, when I close the book again on that device, a new read position has been uploaded to Dropbox. I can see that fro the time stamp ("x seconds ago").
So it looks as if the reading action of the sync is not being done, but the writing acton is done, overwriting the former writig action.
Any ideas?
The faq of moondownload advises to reinstall the app. I did this on one device, but I did not notice any difference in the sync function.
renehasekamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
Mandabar
Fanfiction Devourer
Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android: Moon+ Reader Pro
renehasekamp, I have the same problem. Followed all directions and syncing READ still not work but sync WRITE will.

The write is quite useless without a read unfortunately lol
Mandabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 AM   #8
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Same here. I've gone back to Aldiko, not as nice to use as Moon+ but for my reading a lot more convient.

Brian.
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
renehasekamp
renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Send a message via Skype™ to renehasekamp

Hi,
Today (until early 2013) they sell moon reader pro with 50% reduction and I decided to buy it. I had to authorise dropbox again, and now the sync works!
There also is a new free version today. Maybe it works there too.
The folder structure in dropbox for moon reader has changed too, so to be certain I also deleted the old moon folder in dropbox. But that probably was not necessary.
Anyway, I can sync now between my three devices.

(sorry, I posted this in a diferent thread first, I could not find this one back)
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Robo983
Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robo983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ThouchPad on Android ICS
This problem was making me nuts. I so like moon reader but the sync feature has to work. What I discovered is in the latest release 1.8.8 it appears the way the dropbox sync has changed. It has a new folder structure on dropbox.

What I did to fix the sync was to make sure all my device were running the same version 1.8.8. My phone had not been updated which was the first of my problems. My tablet had been updated but sync and backups were not making it to dropbox. So under local files I selected dropbox at the top to be sure it was linked. It was but backups and sync was still not working. While still in local files I selected the settings gear symbol and then selected unlink dropbox account. After that, I selected dropbox at the top of local files again and moonreader went through the linking process.

This is how I fixed my broken sync. I did multiple tests with multiple books. I always need to remember if it ain't broke don't fix it by updating apps. Updating software and apps has caused me more grief than the new features were worth.

Hope this helps others and they do not give up on moonreader, it is the best reader out there.
Robo983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I'm new to moon+ reader, but I'm blown away with the software. I followed the instructions above and have it syncing between my Nexus 7 and phone just fine. By far the best software I have used on any platform.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #12
Daniel Jones
Nameless Being

Hey buddy
Here is the solution for you.
Check your Miscellaneous menu and scroll down to the end. It will show you a checkbox titled "Sync reading positions via Dropbox".
Old 01-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
kelemvor
Enthusiast
kelemvor began at the beginning.

Device: Android
So does the dropbox sync actually sync the epub files too? I want to have the same list of books on my phone, my wife's phone, and our tablet. However I don't want to have to manually manage that if I don't have to.

Can the Dropbox sync sync the whole books or just the position where you were reading?

Thanks.
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
So does the dropbox sync actually sync the epub files too? I want to have the same list of books on my phone, my wife's phone, and our tablet. However I don't want to have to manually manage that if I don't have to.

Can the Dropbox sync sync the whole books or just the position where you were reading?
I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that Dropbox ensures the epubs are sync'd across platforms. Moon+ Reader's Dropbox sync feature ensures the position within book is added to the proper spot in Dropbox so you can pick up where you left off on another device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #15
renehasekamp

The best way to start using dropbox for your books is to copy them all to the correct folder in dropbox (hope this is the correct folder: apps/books; after you have granted access for syncing reading position it should be there). Then you can load books directly from dropbox. I am not certain if the following works correct, but if you import a book in one device, it will also automatically be copied to dropbox. And it should then also appear with the recent books on other devices.
Experiment a bit if this last feature works. It should.
I have bought the paid version and do not regret it one minute. I have used Aldiko for almost two years, but there are too many issues that simply are not tackeled by Aldiko. They seem too much concerned to generate extra income through book sales and advertisements.

Tags
moon reader, moon+ reader, sync