Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
ShadowDragon51
ShadowDragon51 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Kindle 4 NT - Bricked? Help!

EDIT: I figured it out, sorry. I was a little freaked out and jumped to conclusions. If you could delete this thread, that would be great!

I literally just bought a new Kindle 4 NT (first e-reader device) and I think I bricked it. I was going about the instructions for putting custom screensavers on it, when for some reason I decided to "Exit, Reboot, or Disable Diags". Now it wont turn on, the pc doesn't recognize it, or anything! Im running windows xp x64.

As I said, I just got it today and I'm very sad and frustrated. I tried looking around the site for help but I'm quite lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ShadowDragon51; 01-25-2012 at 11:23 PM.
ShadowDragon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Could you be experiencing this problem? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=116
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
On my new k4nt, I thought I bricked it on multiple occastions while using the "disable diagnostics" menu. Even holding the power switch a long time did nothing.

It seems to always wake up by plugging it into a power adapter (NOT computer USB port), and holding the power button until the LED turns off. Then tapping power again. It usually either wakes up right were it left off (in the "disable diagnostics" menu), or it boots from the kindle tree startup screen back into diagnostics. Sometimes it restarts to main mode.

This seems to happen even when I am sure that the battery is not low. It works fine without recharging after using the power adapter to "debrick" it.

I tried this on my old bricked k4nt, but it did not help.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-28-2012 at 01:05 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote