Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
lostemilie
lostemilie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Just Series as Collection Metadate, not tags (Sony)

Hi! I have a probably very easy question but I cannot figure it out by myself. Whenever I load the metadata for a book via Calibri it fills out the tags and I often fill out the series field myself (with the help of goodreads in the browser). So then when I send the book to my ebook reader under collections there I then have the series + the tags (which I do not want). I just want the series there because else I have way too many collections for my taste. I guess I need to use the plugboard for it but I cannot figure out how to tell it to just use the series as collections and leave out all the normal tags Please help!
lostemilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Change the fields (columns) used to make collections on the Sony. Go to preferences -> plugins -> device interface plugins -> Sony Device Interface and look at the box below "Comma separated list of metadata fields ...". Remove "tags".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
lostemilie
lostemilie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
That was so easy. Thank you so much!
lostemilie is offline   Reply With Quote