Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
DramaQueenLucy
DramaQueenLucy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G First Generation
Question PDF Books/Stories transfered into Kindle for Computer and then into Kindle Device.

Ok the title sucks but I couldn't think of anything else. Please help me anyway

I have kindle software downloaded on both my iphone and computer. I've pre-ordered the kindle fire and am really looking forward to its release. This will be my first e-reader.

I do a lot of my reading online mostly fan fiction that I sometimes copy and paste into word and then play with the font so I can read it on my iphone using docs to go. I also have 100 + books saved as pdf files.

I want to be able to read these on the new kindle and would prefer that they could all be in the same place, pdf books as well as fan fiction, using the kindle reader.

I have spent the past 3 hours looking for a way to do this but as far as I can tell the only way is to e-mail them to amazon and have them convert the books. I don't know if that would work for my fan fiction? And with 300 + books/stories it could get costly.

Is there a way for me to transfer these files into the kindle software on my computer? If so would I be able to link it to the kindle fire and have all of if transfered?

DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just keep them on your PC and copy to the reading device via the USB cable.

PDF, however, is not a good choice of format. You'd be much better off using the Kindle's "native" Mobipocket format.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Anne Gray
Anne Gray began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a problem which may be related. I read a lot of academic journal articles which you download from the publisher's websites as pdf's. When I transfer them via usb to Kindle the type comes up so small I can barely read it. The font resizing button on my kindle produces (for pdf's) a menu which doesn't help enough. I have tried turning the screen sideways and enlarging to 300% but it's still too small. The 'zoom in on images' tool that comes in that menu only enlarges part of a line, so it would be hopelessly slow to read with.

Is there some way to make pdfs more readable on my Kindle ?
Anne Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
DramaQueenLucy
DramaQueenLucy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G First Generation
I have found a tool that works pretty good. Calibre I was able to download it to my PC and then convert the file into .modi the tool also allows you to enlarge the font as well. There is a forum on this board that talks about it. I don't know much as I've just downloaded the program.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote