Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
B&N Nook App on NT running CM7

I downloaded B&N Nook app on my NT running CM7 (off SD card) and have not been able to make the app work with ebooks that are side-loaded:

1) the app does not detect ebooks that are side-loaded
2) the app is not on File Manager's list of "Complete Action Using" entries (so I can't use File Manager to "help" the app locate the folder where the side-loaded ebooks reside.

I am curious if anyone has success with this app.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
When you plug your Nook into your computer with the USB cable, you have to "turn on USB storage" on your Nook and you should see two drives appear on your computer, one titled "MyNook" the other "Removable Disk".

On the one titled Removable Disk, you should have a Nook folder. Inside that, you should have a MyDocuments folder. When I copy ePubs to that folder they show up in the Nook app.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping I can store the side-loaded ePubs on the NT's internal User space (especially now that I got BN to repartition and up it to 8GB) so that they are accessible regardless of whether the NT is running stock or CM7 ROM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you're running CM7 from the SD card, the original storage space on the Nook (16 GB in my case) is not visible by the operating system.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
livramax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
When you're running CM7 from the SD card, the original storage space on the Nook (16 GB in my case) is not visible by the operating system.
Have you tried browsing the file system using CM7 File Manager (FM)?

The NT's BN allocated user space should be home->mnt->media->My Files->(etc) Then if you click on a file you'll get FM's "Complete Action Using" menu listing apps you can use to open that file.
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
kevinp
Fanatic

You are correct, but the apps don't see it, so it doesn't do any good.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
livramax
Addict

All the other eReader apps I tried -- e.g., Moon+, FBreader, Cool Reader -- can browse to the folder and open/import the ebooks. The Nook app is the only one having problem.

Last edited by livramax; 04-22-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
kevinp
Fanatic

The other reader apps give you the option to browse, right? The folder locations are apparently programmed into the code in the Nook app. I don't know what else to tell you.