Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
damnyankeeuk
damnyankeeuk began at the beginning.

Device: prs 300
help!!!!!

I've managed (just) to get this thing working, but have serious problems/questions that I can't find the answers to in my "quick start" or on line help files.

Number 1. I can load books onto my library, and then when I connect the reader, it syncs and puts them on the reader. Great. However, sometimnes it only puts the first few pages on the reader, even though the whole book is on the library. And, when I go to delete it off the reader (a book of 5 pages isn't very interesting) it says I can't because it's "synced to the library. In order to get it off the reader, I have to delete it from the library.

What is going on? Fortunately, I have these books on a CD, otherwidse I'd have lost them for good.

Anybody able to explain to me whats going on and what i'm doing wrong (in simple words please, I'm an ex sailor and not a rea ltecno geek).

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

Cheers,

Greg
damnyankeeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
So sorry you are having a problem. I have the 505 and have the sync feature turned off just because I had seen problems with its use.

Maybe, try turning off the sync? I don't have the 300 so I don't know if this is possible. Hopefully, a more experienced 300 owner will jump in with some ideas.

Good Luck and enjoy your 300.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote