Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Peter W
Peter W began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Convert Roman numerals to Arabic?

Just wondered if there was a way to automatically convert Roman numerals (commonly found in chapter titles) to Arabic (1,2,3,4,5...) ones?

I know the Roman numerals are traditional and everything, but I find them a chore to convert in my head whenever I am using a book.

I know there are various options for one-off translations, but I am hoping there is a way to substitute every such instance in an EPUB by running one process.

Thanks,
Peter W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Not with Sigil and/or regex... that I know of. I suspect this would be a "roll your own" type situation, most likely.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-07-2012 at 12:54 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Not with Sigil and/or regex... that I know of. I suspect this would be a "roll your own" type situation, most likely.
Indeed. Perl, for example, has a module to do this easily.

http://answers.oreilly.com/topic/414...erals-in-perl/
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote