Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2021, 05:47 AM   #1
makehillflat
makehillflat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5 Touch
Kindle 5 Touch needs some community lov

Hello Everyone. This is my first post and I hope someone can help me. I have a Touch 5, that i absolutely love, though it's been collecting cobwebs for the last few years. I ran into a problem on it's current firmware, 5.1.2 where I could not reset, de-register, OTA or manual update the device.

It works in all ways but that. I will connect to the WiFi, but, that the extent of it. I can move books to it via Caliber, and I can't send them OTA. Amazon support could not, and I stumbled this forum and the Kubrick unbrick method in desperate attempt to bring back a device that sure only has a few 1's and 0's awry.

I've attempt the Kubrick debrick method (not to jailbreak, or unbrick) to get a clean firmware in there, but it fails every time at the diagnostic mode step. It seems not to take the diagnostic partition and the device just reboots back to USB mode. With the USB removed it just goes back to the home screen like it's an other Kindle day.

I tried this with both the DVD and USB live versions on old, and relatively new hardware.

As for official updates, it fail mostly straight away with "update error: 007" Sometimes the progress bar will get between half way to all the way done, but that's it.

I look forward to some awesome advice.

Cheers
MHF
makehillflat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kubrick, touch, update error: 007, update fail