Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
The PRS900 Preorder Support Group

I my name is Jason, I preordered the PRS900 from Best Buy. I currently have a PRS700, but the larger screen has me jonsing for a new one.

I read a lot of PDF files, and the margin crop, as well as the landscape view on the 7" screen should improve my experience. Now it would just show up at my door already!!
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Hate to say it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too quick on the margin crop. I'm finding a lot of PDFs use small margins and lots of whitespace inside the margins.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

I'm more looking forward to a wider screen. As it is, I can read most of my documents fine on my 700, but slightly larger text would be welcome (as well as less glare).
Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Great topic idea!

I ordered mine on the 30th from Best Buy. Right now it is on back order and should ship, according to the nice girl I spoke to, sometime between the 16th and Feb. 2nd

I've heard orders direct from Sony were shipping faster but the $40 off was too good to pass up, as well as the year and half same as cash on my Best Buy card.

Is checking my order status 3 times a day too much? .....
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Great topic idea!

I ordered mine on the 30th from Best Buy. Right now it is on back order and should ship, according to the nice girl I spoke to, sometime between the 16th and Feb. 2nd

I've heard orders direct from Sony were shipping faster but the $40 off was too good to pass up, as well as the year and half same as cash on my Best Buy card.

Is checking my order status 3 times a day too much? .....

Oh! Checking order status online! I must get into that!
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloudg20 View Post
Oh! Checking order status online! I must get into that!
No!! Don't!! It never changes it just gets depressing
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
No!! Don't!! It never changes it just gets depressing
Is it bad I already checked twice?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Ordered mine from Best Buy on December 27. I'm checking twice a day on order status. I agree, nothing changes and it is just depressing. The only solace is that I check the Sony Style Store here in Vegas every couple of days, and they don't have it either.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Its real bad...
I check this topic to find out if your order status has changed. And I didn't even order one yet.
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Device: HTC HD2 and i-Pad
I just got a notice from Best Buy saying that my pre-order delay has been increased to 60 days. I spoke with sony and they said all the sony orders will be filled prior to shipping to retailers. I ordered from sony site, and got an estimated 15 Jan ship date. No price match via phone call either. Holding breath.....
yessirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
Dutchreader
Dutchreader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily EReader
Finally got mine

I ordered mine from Best Buy on Dec. 17 and finally got it today Jan. 5, after many delays and promises by Best Buy to have it here by Xmas.
The only good part about the delay was a pricematch, so I did get the $40 off at least.
Dutchreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yessirrom View Post
I just got a notice from Best Buy saying that my pre-order delay has been increased to 60 days. I spoke with sony and they said all the sony orders will be filled prior to shipping to retailers. I ordered from sony site, and got an estimated 15 Jan ship date. No price match via phone call either. Holding breath.....
I have not gotten this e-mail from Best Buy of increasing the date. I also got an estimate of shipping of January 15th from them.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Device: HTC HD2 and i-Pad
I just ordered mine last thursday. That may be part of the problem.....
yessirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloudg20 View Post
I'm more looking forward to a wider screen. As it is, I can read most of my documents fine on my 700, but slightly larger text would be welcome (as well as less glare).
The 900 is only fractionally wider then the 600. So don't look to the 900 to be noticeably wider then the 700.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #15
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The 900 is only fractionally wider then the 600. So don't look to the 900 to be noticeably wider then the 700.
I was referring to it in landscape mode.