Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
New Forum for the Jetbook?

I know there is not a lot of traffic for it, at least not yet... and I know that there is going to be a reorg of the ebook reader forums.. but considering the fact that it is gotten a fair bit of reader attention, it might be nice to have a forum for the Jetbook.

Granted, this might be a little self serving since I just ordered one . But I would be happy to help the lest technical to make the most of their readers.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I know there is not a lot of traffic for it, at least not yet... and I know that there is going to be a reorg of the ebook reader forums.. but considering the fact that it is gotten a fair bit of reader attention, it might be nice to have a forum for the Jetbook.

Granted, this might be a little self serving since I just ordered one . But I would be happy to help the lest technical to make the most of their readers.

--
Bill
Do we have enough users or enough interest? I don't think so at present. But if that ever happens, then a forum would be a good idea to have. However, I think a forum devoted to "Other reading devices" is where the Jetbook would fit in at present.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That might be a good idea too. There are several other devices that don't get much traffic, so a single forum for all of them would probably be better than one for each. Its just at the current time, there really isn't a place for people who have a Jetbook to for questions. Admittedly, I am probably (through trial and error) probably becoming the expert, so this is not so much for me as it would be for others who bought one.

--
Bill
Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
That might be a good idea too. There are several other devices that don't get much traffic, so a single forum for all of them would probably be better than one for each.
How about the Other Devices forum then?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
How about the Other Devices forum then?
That is more or less what we had that forum in mind for: devices that don't have their own specific forum ....

When traffic on a specific device picks up, we tend to make it its own forum, but empty forums with nothing going on in them just make the place look deserted.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
bill_mchale
Wizard

True, the only problem though is that the current location for the "Other Devices" would imply that it is only for devices which are not dedicated ebook readers. Certainly that was my interpretation.

Just a thought, but maybe the moderators should set a standard of 100 threads dedicated to a device for its own forum? Otherwise divide it into just the broadest categories of dedicated devices and other .

--
Bill
Old 10-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
True, the only problem though is that the current location for the "Other Devices" would imply that it is only for devices which are not dedicated ebook readers. Certainly that was my interpretation.

Just a thought, but maybe the moderators should set a standard of 100 threads dedicated to a device for its own forum? Otherwise divide it into just the broadest categories of dedicated devices and other .

--
Bill
True the description does make it sound that way. That forum description should be tweeked a bit to basically be any device used to read ebooks on that doesn't have a dedicated forum. And the "portalble devices" category should be dropped and just move iPhone and Other Devices to the E-Book Devices section.

BOb
Old 10-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hmm. That is an excellent point.

Perhaps the "Legacy Devices" might do better named something like "Other Dedicated Devices" ....

Forum structure is a pretty complex thing to figure out, and there's never a single "best" way to do it. I do know that Alex has some pretty significant changes in mind in this area, though I'm not entirely clear on what they're going to be. However, I do know that he's always interested in feedback on the topic, so I'm sure he'll be glad to see these ideas and comments.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #9
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:

--
Bill
Bill, what is your jetBook color? Ectaco offers 4 colors jetBooks now: Black,White,Red and Gray.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
bill_mchale
Wizard

Kris,
I have the Black one. the red was ok.. but I always think of black as being sleek .

--
Bill
Old 10-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Kris,
I have the Black one. the red was ok.. but I always think of black as being sleek .

--
Bill
Sure, me too . I like my black color unit and waited for one month to get it!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The jetBook really needs a better home on the forum. At present, even though it is a dedicated e-book reader, it is probably under portable devices -> other devices. However, this isn't working. Of the 36 threads with jetbook in the title, only one is in portable devices. At least half would be in a jetBook forum if there was one. Also, a search for jetbook returns 159 threads. Not all of these should be in a jetBook forum, but there do seem to be enough relevant threads. Note that a readius search returns 24 threads and starebook returns 129 threads. Either a jetBook forum or an Other forum under E-Book Devices that includes jetBook, STAReBOOK and Readius subforums would make sense to me. The advantage of an Other forum is that it provides a place holder for new devices, such as the Foxit eSlick. However, the jetBook may have outgrown the Other category.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The jetBook really needs a better home on the forum. At present, even though it is a dedicated e-book reader, it is probably under portable devices -> other devices. However, this isn't working. Of the 36 threads with jetbook in the title, only one is in portable devices. At least half would be in a jetBook forum if there was one. Also, a search for jetbook returns 159 threads. Not all of these should be in a jetBook forum, but there do seem to be enough relevant threads. Note that a readius search returns 24 threads and starebook returns 129 threads. Either a jetBook forum or an Other forum under E-Book Devices that includes jetBook, STAReBOOK and Readius subforums would make sense to me. The advantage of an Other forum is that it provides a place holder for new devices, such as the Foxit eSlick. However, the jetBook may have outgrown the Other category.
Agree. What must be done for it? Should we vote or something?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #14
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I think it would be nice for jetBook people to have their own area in the forum as well as Bebook and Astak readers.

But I am not familiar with behind-the-scenes of forums so...

Just wanting to show a vote of support.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Agree. What must be done for it? Should we vote or something?
Follks... we (the moderators and Alex) know that you guys have asked about this. We have discussed it and it is part of Alex's re-org plan. He just hasn't decided on the best way to do it, or how he will make the changes.

Also, keep in mind, Alex has a full time job and this is his part time hobby. I am constantly amazed at how much he does get done. I know he has a long list of things he wants to do, most that people here have asked for.

So, while something will happen, it won't be tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

BOb