Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Frühaufsteher
Frühaufsteher began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
not able to change text font

Just got the new Boox M92 for 2 days and not so sure how things work here.

The devise provides some default fonts in the machine, but it seems that the fonts only work for directory display but not text. How am I able to change the font in the text (ebooks). The font looks like Time News Roman, doesn't look comfortable for my eyes.

Thanks!!
Frühaufsteher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
What ebooks are you reading? You can't change fonts in pdf-files. When reading epub-files you can change fonts if you use FBReader or CoolReader. Open the menu when you are in the books.

Und herzlich willkommen im Forum!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 04:33 AM   #3
Frühaufsteher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
What ebooks are you reading? You can't change fonts in pdf-files. When reading epub-files you can change fonts if you use FBReader or CoolReader. Open the menu when you are in the books.

Und herzlich willkommen im Forum!
This is amazing. I'm trying the way you suggested. Some of the files work. But i'm still confused when it will work, when not. But i'll keep trying. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I think it doesn't work when the publisher included the font into the file.
If this is very important for you you can change it using Calibre or Sigil.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
Frühaufsteher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I think it doesn't work when the publisher included the font into the file.
If this is very important for you you can change it using Calibre or Sigil.
I do have Calibre, but most of my pdf files are scanned (include lots of images and words, like the series of was ist was for children). So converting the pdf into epub does not really help.

But i wonder how some android apps solve this problem. I used to have "Mantano" app in my handy, and it worked far better than i imagined. The words in the scanned files looked broken and fragile, but through this "Mantano", they appear very clear to me.

Is there also such a software to improve the reading of scanned pdf in M92?
Advert
Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Font can't be changed in PDF
But can be changed in epub, fb2, mobi ...
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frühaufsteher View Post
Is there also such a software to improve the reading of scanned pdf in M92?
M92 has feature to make text more bold, even scanned texts. I think it is called embolden text, I am not sure... Maybe it would help you. I do not know, what exactly is your problem.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote