Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Lightbulb The Google NEXUS 4 Smart Phone made by LG $299

NEXUS 4 8GB & 16GB UNLOCKED

NEXUS 4 8GB £239 ,16GB version £279
https://play.google.com/store/device...id=nexus_4_8gb

NEXUS 4 8GB $299 ,16GB version $349
https://play.google.com/store/device...utm_content=n4

On November 13th Google's shock and awe campaign truly begins with there very latest devices ,both the top of the line 10inch NEXUS 10 and the rather tasty NEXUS 4 mobile phone will be leading the attack.

Preview of the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10
http://youtu.be/Tu7c5HmWxnE

Preview of both the NEXUS 4 & NEXUS 10 at google HQ
http://youtu.be/66-4uMQqerA

Just some of features that the Nexus 4 will be packing will be the fastest CPU of any mobile phone currently on sale with it's quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor running at a blazing 1.5GHz(That outclasses most tablets) It will also come with 2GB of RAM to make it super smooth while running Apps ,watching movies or playing games.

The iphone 5 packs a measly 1.2GHz dual-core CPU and only 1GB of RAM in contrast

It also packs a stunning looking Screen which out classes the iphone 5 again in size.
NEXUS 4
4.7" 1280 x 768 - 320 ppi
IPHONE 5
4.0' 1136 x 640 - 326 ppi

Other new and inventive features include Wireless charging so you can say goodbye to connecting you phone to a power pack.Just lay your phone on a charging mat and leave it ready for the next time.
Gorilla glass 2 which is the latest version will cover both the front and back of the case too provide it with much greater protection than other smart phones already out.

Another first for any nexus mobile phone ,the NEXUS 4 packs is a SlimPort HDMI port so you be able to connect it to any HDMI tv or monitor where ever you are which im sure will come in handy.

Photo Sphere
The first phone with 360° panoramas photo shooting capability.It’s like no mobile phone camera you’ve seen. Up down and all around you, with Nexus 4 it’s all around it's more than just panoramic.

Never lose a photo again with Instant Upload.
Photos upload themselves with Instant Upload so you’ll never lose a shot. If you’ve signed up for Google+, you can enable Instant Upload and photos taken with your phone are automatically uploaded to a private album on the web. Easily organize, edit and share photos with anyone you choose from your phone or on the web.

Single handily google has shown to the world with there line up of 2012 products that you can have a premium device WITHOUT a premium price tag that Apple coverts so dearly.

Just to show you that point take a look at the Ipad Mini which has become a running joke on these very forums and compare it's price-

Ipad mini 16g $329
Nexus 7 16gb-$200
Nexus 10 16gb- $399. (which even outclasses the Ipad 4)

NEXUS 10
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=193332&page=7

Click image for larger version

Name:	nexus_grid2.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	95223
(Click to enlarge)

Tech Specs
Screen 4.7" diagonal 1280 x 768 pixel resolution (320 ppi)
WXGA IPS Corning Gorilla Glass 2
CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon(TM) S4 Pro
Size 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1 mm Weight 139g
Cameras 8 MP (main) 1.3 MP (front)

Network Unlocked GSM/UMTS/HSPA+
GSM/EDGE/GPRS (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
3G (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz) HSPA+ 42
Memory 8 GB internal storage 2 GB RAM

Connectivity Micro USB SlimPort HDMI
3.5mm headphone jack Wireless , Wireless charging
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n , NFC (Android Beam)
Bluetooth , Battery 2,100 mAh Lithium polymer
OS Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)

Sensors
Microphone
Accelerometer
Compass
Ambient light
Gyroscope
Barometer
GPS

Where Apple only has Enemy's ,google has allies to cooperate with and produce very high spec devices that pack a major punch at a reasonable price.Google has started a price war that we will all benefit from

Last edited by darksaber35; 11-04-2012 at 08:22 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I hope you were well paid for this press release.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
It also packs a stunning looking Screen which out classes the iphone 5 again in both resolution and size.
NEXUS4
4.7" [B] 1280 x 768 - 320 ppi
IPHONE 5
4-inch 1136 x 640 - 226ppi
Correction:

iPhone 5 has 326 ppi; not 226 ppi.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I have to say, I'd sort of missed the Nexus 4 in the announcement on Monday. What with the update in Nexus 7 pricing and my own interest in seeing what the Nexus 10 had to offer, I skimmed through the Nexus 4 bit with a 'meh, and there's a new phone'.

However, I was reading the Nexus pages in Google Play this morning and the price point of the Nexus 4 suddenly leapt out and hit me.

I bought my Galaxy S unlocked, without carrier branding, two years ago for over £400 and it's been great and is still going strong. I've been tempted to get an S3 (my wife has the S2), but the price - basically another £400 - has held me back given that I don't actually need a new handset.

But I only really need 8GB on my phone... and at £239 that Nexus 4 is looking awfully attractive!

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I gave him 3 bunches of bananas
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Yes i already have thank you, i already have a nexus 7 that shames the ipad mini and saved me $100+ and i will be getting paid off even more if i get one of these top class smart phones that's a fraction of the price of a Iphone 5 and even makes the samsung galaxy S3 look a bit pricy in comparison.

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-31-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Why did they limit the Nexus 4 to 16 GB only?
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
darksaber35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Correction:

iPhone 5 has 326 ppi; not 226 ppi.
your rite as my source was wrong on that part ,i updated it.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
Why did they limit the Nexus 4 to 16 GB only?
It should've been 16GB for $299 and 32GB for $349.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Great products by Google, offering some of the best hardware around at lower prices than the competition. And with Nexii devices, you are guaranteed timely updates and a pure Android experience. At those prices, these devices are no-brainers.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
I love the price of the Nexus 4 and its overall package. But two things I really don't like: No LTE and 16 GB max. HSPA+ may be fast enough but the coverage is terrible around here compared to LTE. And why even bother offering an 8GB model? I could do without the Disco Stu back cover too, although people claim it looks good in person. And that Gorilla Glass on the back is NOT a good thing anymore than it was on the iPhone. It is certainly not stronger and more protective than the polycarbonate, carbon fiber, or aluminum found on other phones as you claim.

So close to being completely awesome yet so far away. I really wanted my next device to be a Nexus, but I don't have much interest in this thing other than the price.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
I love the price of the Nexus 4 and its overall package. But two things I really don't like: No LTE and 16 GB max. HSPA+ may be fast enough but the coverage is terrible around here compared to LTE.
Why Google's new Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE

Quote:
Sometimes the only winning move is not to play.

For Google, Nexus is a flagship brand that represents the best of Android, with Google leading by example to show other hardware manufacturers what Android can be. And though partners build the hardware, Google wants direct control of the software on Nexus devices with no carrier intervention. That alone means Google can't sell an LTE device, as there's simply no access to LTE networks without working with carriers in one way or another: Verizon and Sprint's LTE networks still require compatibility with their 3G CDMA systems, and there's essentially no such thing as an unlocked CDMA device. AT&T's fledgling LTE network runs on different frequencies than other LTE networks around the world, so Google would have to build a custom phone for just 77 markets in the US. Doing that without AT&T's financial assistance makes little sense.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
I love the price of the Nexus 4 and its overall package. But two things I really don't like: No LTE and 16 GB max. HSPA+ may be fast enough but the coverage is terrible around here compared to LTE. And why even bother offering an 8GB model? I could do without the Disco Stu back cover too, although people claim it looks good in person. And that Gorilla Glass on the back is NOT a good thing anymore than it was on the iPhone. It is certainly not stronger and more protective than the polycarbonate, carbon fiber, or aluminum found on other phones as you claim.

So close to being completely awesome yet so far away. I really wanted my next device to be a Nexus, but I don't have much interest in this thing other than the price.
I agree. Although I think that the Nexus 7 is a yawner, I was quite hopeful when I saw the N4 and the price. Those hopes were dashed when I saw the limited sizes, no microSD, and no replaceable battery.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #14
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
So, N4 limits us to 16 GB and no replaceable battery. I have nothing for LTE but at least provide a micro SD slot. If this is a reference model then it sends a bad message in my opinion.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I'd rather have a phone with half the specs but MicroSD and changeable battery also I will admit I just don't like LG as a company.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nexus 4