Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Lightbulb Mantano - Connect to Calibre Content Server from within Mantano

Most likely many Mantano users already use this feature to browse and download books from their own Calibre library, using the Calibre Content Server. For Mantano users that haven't tried this yet, this might be a useful post?

I have Mantano Premium, I am not sure if this works for all versions of Mantano? Actually, this feature is a good reason for me to use Mantano. You must have network access (wifi and/or cable) between the computer running Calibre, and your device running Mantano.

There are two steps before you can browse and download from Calibre:

1. Start the content server in Calibre.
  • The default settings will most likely work fine. No need to change anything under Preferences.
  • You find the option to start the Content server under the "Connect/share" button.
  • After the Content server has been started, the IP-address, to the computer running the Content server, will be shown under the "Connect/share" button, along with an option to stop the Content server. You need the IP in the next step, so make a note of it, or keep it visible on the screen. It will be four numbers looking something like 192.168.1.115.

2. Connect to the Content server from Mantano on your Android device.

• You should have WiFi on and have access to the same network as the computer running the Content server.
  • Open the tab "My book stores" in Mantano.
  • Add a new feed to "My feeds".
  • The new feed should be called "Calibre" or something similar, and use the URL "http://IP:8080/stanza"
  • Replace "IP" above with the IP-address to the Content server you started earlier.

Now you should be able open this new feed and browse the Calibre Library from inside Mantano over WiFi. You can sort in many different ways, including date of addition, so it easy to find and download newly added books.

If you have any problems, you may have to change the settings for "Sharing over the net" under "Preferences" in Calibre. There you can also test the content server to make sure it works. Make sure to update the URL for the feed accordingly.

Happy reading!
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
I like Mantano very much. I usually just email a few books to my phone or tablet. Thank you for another option.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Nice!

I sync Calibre with a map in my Note; epubs hardly take up any space, I could store tenths of thousands.
Then I point Mantano to that map and import whatever I want to read.

BTW I also sync Calibre with a map in Dropbox for use on my Ipad and other devices.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
lisagatts
lisagatts began at the beginning.

Device: xoom
You are a freaking genius. I have been trying to get this to happen for my Xoom forever with no luck. I followed your simple instructions and Finally!!!!! I got it. I have 18,000 books on my Calibre and I also purchased the Calibre app that costs 5 or 6 bucks at the Google store but for some reason when I click download from the Calibre app it is no longer downloading the books to my sd card.(no its not full I only have 300 books that I chose so far, but those do go onto Mantano )I just cant get any more. I have the Megareader for my Iphone so I've been using that but I am ever so greatful because now I can read on my Motorola Xoom instead of my tiny IphonecThank you sooooooo much <3 <3 <3
lisagatts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, connect, content server, mantano, wifi