Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Samsung surpasses Apple as No.1 Smartphone vender in Q3

I remember reading a while back one of those Apple "internal emails" released to the public regarding Apple's concern with Samsung. And how they felt Samsung was their only real threat.

I didn't really pay much attention to it didn't think I would happen any time soon. I guess I was wrong.

One thing I will say from my perspective is I give credit to Samsung. As much a I dislike their Android support, they do deliver the best smartphones. I currently have a Vibrant and the next two phones I'm looking at is the Note and Nexus Prime. Both Samsung phones.

Quote:
Samsung could have shipped as many as 20 million smartphones in the third quarter, led by the popularity of its Galaxy S II flagship. Apple reported iPhone sales of 17.1 million for its quarter than ended on September 24, (more...)

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I own a Samsung Galaxy Mini, which has the worst screen I've ever seen on any mobile in the last 10yrs. I bought it out of necessity as I needed a cheap Android phone at short notice for my business. It is pitifully bad.

Samsung's phones at the higher end of the scale are probably wonderful, and judging by the reviews, only really matched at the moment by HTC when it comes to Android. What lets Samsung down in comparison to HTC, at least in my own experience, is that HTC's cheaper phones still generally match the build quality of their more expensive ones. The same cannot be said for Samsung. I can't describe just how bad the Galaxy Mini screen is.

Still, I'd rather have a poor screen on an Android mobile than succumb to the cult of Jobs.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I sense another lawsuit on the horizon...
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I remember reading a while back one of those Apple "internal emails" released to the public regarding Apple's concern with Samsung. And how they felt Samsung was their only real threat.

I didn't really pay much attention to it didn't think I would happen any time soon. I guess I was wrong.

One thing I will say from my perspective is I give credit to Samsung. As much a I dislike their Android support, they do deliver the best smartphones. I currently have a Vibrant and the next two phones I'm looking at is the Note and Nexus Prime. Both Samsung phones.

=X=

Are you using cm7 on your phone if not you should try it.
I can upgrade my phone in march but my contract runs till June. So like you I am also looking at note and Nexus Prime. But I have heard rumors of Galaxy S3 with non pentile coming in May so am not sure if I will upgrade my phone in march or wait till june. Of course rumors of the next nexus device would be coming out around that time .
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'm running the Bionic ROM built by team whisky. It's a ROM built using samsung's source. I thought about going with cm7, but I like samsungs additions and the bionics ROM also has better support for the hardware, at least at the time I was looking to update my device.

Well toshiba just introduced a high quality screen capable of higher resolution if toshiba goes after the smartphone market samsung devices won't be the only ones with high quality screens.

For me the note has a good enough screen, what I like so much about it is the size and the dockable pen. That is one of the features i miss most from the winmo platform.

Last edited by =X=; 10-21-2011 at 11:01 AM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert