Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #391
antartide
antartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Release R2.5

Quote:
==== Kindle 4 non-touch (non-touch screen) ======
Version: 2012-03-29.C7755.rtm
File Size: 61.9MB
Suitable models: kindle4
Update time: 2012.03.30
Tips: The dotmobi use of new analytical methods, done bookmark / Shuzhai, / endorsements the book, the first open will convert it to a support structure for the new mode. This process may take more time to open before depending on the speed and number of bookmarks. Book book and converted to open the speed will be soon.
From here
New release but ...read the tips.
For me, to open .mobi took 12h =°) ...and after a whole night I had to reset the kindle.
I can came back to old relese in the same way that we use to upgrade (folder replace)?

EDIT:
I find a solution to prevent the kindle stops when opening certain files. mobi.
You must delete the old bookmarks file. =) Enjoy

Last edited by antartide; 03-31-2012 at 01:53 AM.
antartide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:32 AM   #392
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I just did a quick test and didn't notice any significant improvements in the areas I'm most interested in:

1. RTL Languages
- Still no support for Arabic/Hebrew and other RTL languages
(This worked fine in last year's Duokan Lite builds.)

2. Dictionary lookup
- Word segmentation algorithm fails if a word contains accented characters or umlauts
- no inflection support (.syn files are ignored)
- no support for StarDict dictionaries with HTML formatting (HTML markup is treated like text)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #393
mikcole
mikcole began at the beginning.

Device: none
re: Release 2.5

Super improvement in mobi open and page turn speed!!

Thanks folks!
mikcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #394
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
1. RTL Languages
- Still no support for Arabic/Hebrew and other RTL languages
(This worked fine in last year's Duokan Lite builds.)
It's a different rendering engine, I doubt you'll see it returning any time soon.

As for dicts, just strip the html, most of it is useless and can be replaced easily enough with ascii. I think they said they were going to change it to allow html and support syn.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #395
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Anybody else update to 2012-03-29.C7755 (R2.5) and notice that the page bar at the bottom does not diplay page numbers?

I also took notice since the last couple of updates, it takes longer to load the book to a piont where you left off; that box with the Chinese characters stays on for 30 seconds before the book loads.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #396
mikcole
mikcole began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Anybody else update to 2012-03-29.C7755 (R2.5) and notice that the page bar at the bottom does not diplay page numbers?

I also took notice since the last couple of updates, it takes longer to load the book to a piont where you left off; that box with the Chinese characters stays on for 30 seconds before the book loads.
I've got page numbers with Epub and Mobi.

As far as open speed goes, 2.5 is way quicker than previous for my Mobi's.
mikcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #397
antartide
antartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcole View Post
I've got page numbers with Epub and Mobi.

As far as open speed goes, 2.5 is way quicker than previous for my Mobi's.
Even for me is fine! The speed is greatly increased.
In my case I had to delete the old files of bookmarks else it took a long time to open the book and in some cases blocked.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #398
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Quote:

Last night I went back to R2.4 and got the page numbering back and the book is loading in half the time.
I originally updated to R2.5 over Wi-Fi instead of copying the DK_System folder (not sure if that may have caused a problem). I will try tonight to upgrade to R2.5 again.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #399
antartide

Quote:

With 2.5 box with the Chinese, in my case, characters stays for 1 or 2 seconds =)
Old 04-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #400
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
update R 2.6

Version: 2012-04-06.C8019.rtm
Update time: 2012.04.06

New features:
The increase in the Aa menu layout select "Custom" option. (For example, set an elegant, custom options for elegant option "line spacing, paragraph spacing, margins up and down, left and right margins" data, then the user can fine-tune the basis of this data)
Tip: k4 system menu menu "layout" option brings up the Customize option.
Spoiler:

Fix the problem:
Repair of photo-text, or wrapping the epub file picture the embossing; (Southern Weekend of user feedback)
Repair pdf to open crashes; (user feedback, "Zimbardo time psychology. Pdf")

quoted from here

Last edited by thomass; 04-07-2012 at 07:06 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #401
coloraday
coloraday began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Greetings,

I installed the last version, R2.5, and everything went smoothly, but there is one problem.

Every time I want to turn the Kindle off, sliding the power switch for a few seconds and then releasing it, on Duokan 2012, the screen goes blank first, but then the last page I was viewing shows up. The Kindle actually seems to be turned off at this point, as the keys are functionless. There's one way I can have the blank screen after switching off, and that is to first put the Kindle to sleep, then to hold and release the power switch to turn it off.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

Many thanks.

Last edited by coloraday; 04-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.
coloraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #402
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

I upgraded today my 5 day old Kindle 4 NT with Duokan and via WiFi upgraded to latest 2012-03-29.
Nice done Duokan team, thank you for epub support and better PDF support.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #403
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Ok I have kindle 3. I went to install the duokan 2012. But it first gave me a U004 error- didnt install and then a u007 errror and didint install. What do i install first.
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #404
kiedis
kiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litter

Mediafire mirrors for the latest version

Duokan Lite for Kindle 3 Keyboard, V. 2012-04-06

Duokan Lite for Kindle 4 Non-Touch, V. 2012-04-06
kiedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #405
kiedis
kiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Ok I have kindle 3. I went to install the duokan 2012. But it first gave me a U004 error- didnt install and then a u007 errror and didint install. What do i install first.
I have the same problem. This work for me, but is looong:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162479
kiedis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf