Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #406
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Ok I have kindle 3. I went to install the duokan 2012. But it first gave me a U004 error- didnt install and then a u007 errror and didint install. What do i install first.
You may try these also

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiedis View Post
Mediafire mirrors for the latest version
Thanks for the links
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #407
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
does the wifi update works with this version ¿?...I can´t do it
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #408
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
does the wifi update works with this version ¿?...I can´t do it
According to duokan.com:
Quote:
The version number for the R2.5 (2012-03-29.C7755.rtm) users this week can not OTA upgrade can only upgrade by downloading the package cover. User of the other versions automatically via OTA upgrade ~
Old 04-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #409
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Here is the Croatian (Hrvatski) translation v0.1 for DuoKan Lite.
Copyright (about DUoKan) translated also to croatian, and added translation author and version info.

P.S.
How to manually upgrade 2012-03-29 to 2012-04-06?
Just copy and replace DK_system to Kindle 4 NT?

Tnx.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hrvatski.txt.zip (8.4 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by dove_g; 04-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #410
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dove_g View Post
How to manually upgrade 2012-03-29 to 2012-04-06?
Just copy and replace DK_system to Kindle 4 NT?
Don't delete the existing one. just copy the new one over the old one. then restart Kindle.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #411
uwndrd
uwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-books

Device: K3, K4, PRS-650
Hello, guys. Does Duokan support links/footnotes? I.E., you click on somethink, and bookreader takes you to the place where the text of the footnote is stored. I can't find a way to do it. It's the only thing that really keeps me from using this FW on daily basis.
uwndrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #412
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Here is the Croatian (Hrvatski) translation v0.1 for DuoKan Lite.
It would be better if you store this file in your Dropbox, then share its link here since this file should be checked/updated on every coming version.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #413
coloraday
coloraday began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloraday View Post
Greetings,

I installed the last version, R2.5, and everything went smoothly, but there is one problem.

Every time I want to turn the Kindle off, sliding the power switch for a few seconds and then releasing it, on Duokan 2012, the screen goes blank first, but then the last page I was viewing shows up. The Kindle actually seems to be turned off at this point, as the keys are functionless. There's one way I can have the blank screen after switching off, and that is to first put the Kindle to sleep, then to hold and release the power switch to turn it off.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

Many thanks.
I updated the firmware with this recent Duokan 2012 release, but still the problem persists.
coloraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #414
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
Hello, guys. Does Duokan support links/footnotes? I.E., you click on somethink, and bookreader takes you to the place where the text of the footnote is stored. I can't find a way to do it. It's the only thing that really keeps me from using this FW on daily basis.
Also have the same question. How to use footnote links?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
It would be better if you store this file in your Dropbox, then share its link here since this file should be checked/updated on every coming version.
Is there any other duokan upload/ftp service?
Also I do have English/Croatian dictionary for duokan.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #415
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloraday View Post
I updated the firmware with this recent Duokan 2012 release, but still the problem persists.
Let them know your problem: kindleuser@duokan.com
Old 04-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #416
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Is there any other duokan upload/ftp service?
Also I do have English/Croatian dictionary for duokan.
upload/ftp service? I didn't understand. (like amazon's whispersync?: check the first post)

as far as I know there is not any if you want it to share your files with other users . (if its OK with forum's rules) you may share it here.

I have no idea about the links since I haven't use Duokan for a while. ( waiting for a version for Touch )
Old 04-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #417
coloraday

Quote:
Let them know your problem: kindleuser@duokan.com
Thank you. I will.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #418
dove_g

Is there any keyboard shortcut list for DuoKan? Tnx.

For example I need chapter selection like on Kindle with left/right keys.

Last edited by dove_g; 04-07-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #419
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
According to duokan.com:
Ok...thanks
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #420
coloraday

Could you please point me in the right direction for the instructions on how to install Duokan 2012 on Kindle 4 NT, as the process seems to be a bit different to its installation on Kindle 3?

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf