Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
carvalhao
carvalhao began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Gen3
Angry Not turning on

Hi all,

I have had a Bookeen for some time and all over the sudden I got this unusual behaviour.

Whenever I charge it (being off) the led blinks red and orange. No matter how long I charge, the behaviour remains.

When I try to turn it on, the green led blinks for as long as I press the button, but nothing happens on the screen. One of the times (believe me, I've tried many) the green light held for a second and the screen changed state, going all black, but then the green led went out and was back to the same behaviour.

I have tried reseting, keeping SD card in and out, taking out the battery for a while, charging without battery... nothing seems to work.

Thank you in advance,
David
carvalhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
The only time i saw the blinking led on the opus, it was to say "battery is too empty, i won't start"

Do you have a multimeter to cheek out battery state ? Either battery is dead, or something went broke in the cybook, preventing proper charge / use of it.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 05-14-2010 at 04:19 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Have you emailed bookeen about this ? it seems either battery or device related.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
carvalhao
carvalhao began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Gen3
First of all, thank you for your feedback. When I wrote I had left it charging for about 24 hours and this morning while it was charging it had a blinking green light.

After about 15 tries to turn it on, now it goes consistently to the logo/bookeen screen, stays on but goes nowhere from there. I have tried flashing it, but it doesn't start the process.

So I guess we can call it a solution regarding the turning it on problem. Any ideas on the new one?

Thank you again for your help,
David
carvalhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Blinking light don't seams good. It should just switch off when done charging.

Contact bookeen about that...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Now that it seems it's charged (no red/orange light), I'd try removing the battery and putting it back.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 AM   #7
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Green blinking led at first stage of boot is generaly a battery issue...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote