Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
caddie
Caddie Campbell
caddie began at the beginning.

Device: SDony PRS 600
Angry where do l find books....

I have wandered around that many sites for months now and am lost.
How do l buy and download good inexpensive e books when l am in Australia. All the places l go are banned, rubbish or as dear as poison. I want to use my e book and read cuurent books not something that is as old as moses or trashy or technical i want - current new fresh - but dont want to pay the normal price - hard copy price
CAN l do such a thing or have l been conned..
So sad thinking this is all a dud..been at this now since August and have had no decent reading...
Please someone help me !!!
thanks Caddie

Last edited by caddie; 03-12-2010 at 05:03 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
caddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Have you used this site? http://www.readwithoutpaper.com/D593...en/Default.htm
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #3
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
How do l buy and download good inexpensive e books when l am in Australia. All the places l go are banned, rubbish or as dear as poison. I want to use my e book and read cuurent books not something that is as old as moses or trashy or technical i want - current new fresh - but dont want to pay the normal price - hard copy price
So sad thinking this is all a dud..been at this now since August and have had no decent reading...
thanks Caddie
Hi Caddie.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Feel free to check us out and get reading soon! We have plenty of Aussie customers. www.directebooks.com

Gareth
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
thanks Caddie

don't despair; there are others from your part of the world here on MR, some of those will be along to help you out ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I usually don't have problems with geo restrictions at cyberread.com.
They currently also have an offer of 40% off one order (up to 9 books), if you write a verified review: http://www.cyberread.com/book-reviews
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Ebooks.com is in Australia. They have the current bestsellers. Their prices are a little higher but still better than paper.

http://www.ebooks.com/
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Ebooks.com is in Australia. They have the current bestsellers. Their prices are a little higher but still better than paper.

http://www.ebooks.com/
Forget ebooks.com because despite the fact that it is an Australian ebook store there are very few ebooks that Austrlaians can purchase due to regional restrictions. Go Figure

The best ebook stores for Australians at the moment are readwithoutpaper mentioned previously and Wh Smiths ebookstore in the UK. Most of their ebooks are available to Australians. Some are restricted to UK only. They are at http://ebooks.whsmith.co.uk
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Hi Caddie

I know exactly where you're coming from. I can no longer buy many of the authors that I once did, but the up side is that I've discovered many new and up-and-coming writers that have literally blown my socks off.

Read an Ebook Week ends March 13. If you're quick, you'll be able to grab a heap of bargains.

The best sites I've found so far for Aussie readers:
www.smashwords.com -- samples available
www.directebooks.com

Happy reading!
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #9
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Forget ebooks.com because despite the fact that it is an Australian ebook store there are very few ebooks that Austrlaians can purchase due to regional restrictions. Go Figure
Ugh - that's crazy and it stinks.

I really feel for you guys dealing with this. It must be so frustrating!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Yes, it is very frustrating, but I mostly read for pleasure, and there are many books around which are either free or costs very little...

I have little interest in reading the books on the New York Best seller list.. I have been very disappointed reading some best selling authors, and very happily surprised reading completely unknown authors... as well as old classics..

What genre do you prefer to read? We may be able to help with some recommendations...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:00 AM   #11
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Caddie. Good to have your company. You're in luck. Read an Ebook Week with all its freebies and generous offers ends at midnight US Pacific time on Sat March 13, but time zone differences mean that, in Australia, you have until Sunday evening to stock up your library with deals.

Follow the link in my signature line below, for instance, and pay what you like (or nothing at all) for up to twenty-five novels, many by Australian authrs. One recent release there -- Last Birds by Andrew Thelander in Queensland -- I highly recommend. A superb book set in Australia -- mostly in the wilderness -- of the 1960s. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
caddie
Caddie Campbell
caddie began at the beginning.

Device: SDony PRS 600
thankyou everyone this has given me lots of possibilities. If any one has reccomendatrions for the below genres ??
not sci fi, or who dunnit..l love chick lit, romances and sagas..Mauve Binchey, Cathy Kelly those types of authors..
Take care be good and thanks

Caddie

Last edited by caddie; 03-13-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: spelling
caddie is offline   Reply With Quote