Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
sorting by two columns

Is it possible to sort my library by two columns? that is, within the TBR list, let me know which books are not on my device? (sort by TBR first, then within that, by On Device)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sure - just click on the column headers in the reverse order that you want the sort. Eg, I like seeing my library sorted by author, and by series within author, so I click first on "Series", and then on "Author". Simple as that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Is it possible to sort my library by two columns? that is, within the TBR list, let me know which books are not on my device? (sort by TBR first, then within that, by On Device)
HarryT's answer is correct.
Think of the prior sorts as providing Biased to following sorts.

Sorting TBR first put books in the order you wish to read.
Then sorting on 'On Device' shifts the Not OD listed to the top, leaving those pretty much in the RL order
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hm. It sometimes works for me and sometimes not - I must not be clicking on them quickly enough sequentially.

now that i know how it's supposed to work, though, i'll play with it some more. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
hm. It sometimes works for me and sometimes not - I must not be clicking on them quickly enough sequentially.

now that i know how it's supposed to work, though, i'll play with it some more. Thanks!
Doesn't matter how quickly or slowly you click. There's no time limit. Wait half an hour between clicks if you want - it should still work just the same.
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard

then how do you start a totally fresh sort?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Do something else in the library - click on a row - do anything. It's only consecutive clicks on a column header that affect sorting.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard

oh. (I feel very stupid now)
Old 01-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
oh. (I feel very stupid now)
You shouldn't feel stupid. I've been using calibre for just over a year and this one totally slipped by me.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #10
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
You shouldn't feel stupid. I've been using calibre for just over a year and this one totally slipped by me.
I only realised yesterday that you could rightclick on the icons in the menu.

I kept thinking how lame the tiny arrows were and that they were graphically too small and didn't highlight when hovering or clicking etc - and now I don't have to use them!
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote