Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
bosun120
Member Retired
bosun120 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Disable Personal Document delivery notification on Kindle?

Hi,

I use Instapaper a lot with the Kindle 3 keyboard, however every time it syncs/updates it always delivers a new "Personal Documents is waiting for you" notification in the Home menu. Is there a way to disable this so I don't have to manually delete it each time?

Thanks.
bosun120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Do you have 3G model? if so, do you ever connect via wifi? if not do you have a delivery limit set?

With my wifi model I never see these messages: it just delivers the content when I have a wifi connection. With a 3G model there are delivery charges if it goes over 3G. Your account may be set to disallow any delivery charges, which may account for why you are getting these messages.

If you use the @free.kindle.com address then it will never try to download over 3G.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Do you have 3G model? if so, do you ever connect via wifi? if not do you have a delivery limit set?

With my wifi model I never see these messages: it just delivers the content when I have a wifi connection. With a 3G model there are delivery charges if it goes over 3G. Your account may be set to disallow any delivery charges, which may account for why you are getting these messages.

If you use the @free.kindle.com address then it will never try to download over 3G.
You still get those notices though even if you use the free address. It one of the annoyances of the K3+3G model and to answer the OP's question there is no way to stop them without paying to download them. The WiFi only model doesn't have this problem.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
bosun120
Member Retired
bosun120 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Yes I have the 3G K3 model and I'm using the @free address to send from Instapaper. I only ever sulync on
That's disappointing to hear there's no fix for this, maybe even some kind of mail filter or hack. Thx for the help.
bosun120 is offline   Reply With Quote