Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Are There Any Good Games On The Kindle?

I noticed they have Blackjack on the Kindle, is it any good? Are there any other games that are worth playing? It seems that the Kindle doesnt have a separate store for games so I have no idea where to start looking.

EDIT:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...&pf_rd_i=Games
This seems to be a direct link to games that I just found. Anyone know of any really good ones? Im thinking about getting 'Monopoly' but $5 is a bit much.

Last edited by NVash; 01-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Blackjack is fun, I have that plus three word games. Games from Amazon have "Amazon Digital Services" as the author, so you can find those that way. Once you're on a game page, there's usually a "more things to try" box to the right with more games listed, as well as in the "customers also bought" section.

Most of them are also tagged with "Kindle Active Content", so you can tag-browse for that. Currently 28 items have that tagged and here is the link: Kindle Active Content
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Anyone outside the US (or UK?) reading this should beware that most of the games offered by Amazon for the Kindle are not available abroad. Unfortunately the Amazon website doesn't tell you this before you try to order them.
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Two games built-in:

* Minesweeper: ALT+SHIFT+M from Home screen
o MENU for game options
* GoMoku: G from Minesweeper

A while back one or two were offered for free and there was a 50% off sale just before or after Christmas when I picked up Scrabble.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
I noticed they have Blackjack on the Kindle, is it any good?
Blackjack is free so there is no reason not to give it a try. I have it on my Kindle but have not played it yet.

Last month, I got both Monopoly and Scrabble while they are half price. I haven't played Monopoly yet, but Scrabble is very fun. I love playing it but I'm always worried about wearing the letters of my K3 keys.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
I love playing it but I'm always worried about wearing the letters of my K3 keys.
Which is exactly what happened to my K3. The letters were fine until I started playing games. Now about 5 of them are almost completely worn off, which, even though I love my Kindle, is completely unacceptable. I'm still debating whether or not to call Amazon CS about it. I'm rather dreading re-organizing all my books.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
There is a free minesweeper to DL from Amazon that's pretty good (yes, I am aware it is also built into the kindle). The one you DL looks prettier than the built-in one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Which is exactly what happened to my K3. The letters were fine until I started playing games. Now about 5 of them are almost completely worn off, which, even though I love my Kindle, is completely unacceptable. I'm still debating whether or not to call Amazon CS about it. I'm rather dreading re-organizing all my books.
Are you buttons shiny finish or matte/rough finish? Some say letters don't wear off the later but I still don't trust it.

I'm thinking of getting one of these skins. They cover the buttons and the letters are printed on the actual skin. It may be a good idea if your letters are already wearing and you don't want to exchange.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Last month I purchased several half-price Kindle games, but I've been so busy reading books that I haven't taken the time to look at the games!

I don't have this game, but it looks intriguing: Wordoku - Unbound #1. Apparently, it is similar to Sudoku, but uses the letters of a word or phrase instead of numbers. It gets excellent reviews at Amazon.com.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #10
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Are you buttons shiny finish or matte/rough finish? Some say letters don't wear off the later but I still don't trust it.

I'm thinking of getting one of these skins. They cover the buttons and the letters are printed on the actual skin. It may be a good idea if your letters are already wearing and you don't want to exchange.
You know those are cool looking enough that Im going to go talk about them over in the Covers thread. Thanks!
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
eddiek
Enthusiast
eddiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eddiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eddiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
You certainly won't find any good action, or adventure type games, but there are some decent puzzle & card games like Minesweep, and BlackJack. I used to kill my battery in one sitting of playing blackjack when I owned a Kindle lol.
eddiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:05 AM   #12
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Truth is the Kindle is not a "Games Console" there are good puzzle games, but the Kindle IS a book reader, Why do people want it to be more, if people want more buy an iPad, not being flippant just stating the obvious!
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Truth is the Kindle is not a "Games Console" there are good puzzle games, but the Kindle IS a book reader, Why do people want it to be more, if people want more buy an iPad, not being flippant just stating the obvious!
People have been turning chairs into ladders for eons - sometimes with disastrous consequences!
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
People have been turning chairs into ladders for eons - sometimes with disastrous consequences!
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #15
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
For those times when you don't have a ladder and don't want a chair, a step stool will do nicely!!
The EA Games (Solitaire, Sudoku, and Scrabble) are well done. Shuffled Row and Every Word are entertaining. The NY Times Crossword Puzzles are excellent!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote