Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Question Distorted PDF thumbnails

Whatever source I'm using, thumbnails of PDFs look "distorted".
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=33
ePUBs are fine though.
Same for you?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:01 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yup, same for me.
I wanted to send a mail to bookeen about that.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yup, same for me.
I wanted to send a mail to bookeen about that.
It seems to be something about DRM.
Tonight I've copied the unDRMed PDFs via calibre to Opus.
I haven't checked all covers yet. But the first 200 or so seem to be intact.
The DRMed PDFs entirely had been distorted.
Strange, but not a huge issue to me. I'm using the Micro SD card. As it isn't visible in ADE, I've been copying my books via Windows Explorer. Now I'm starting to build up my library in calibre instead.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
It seems to be something about DRM.
Tonight I've copied the unDRMed PDFs via calibre to Opus.
I haven't checked all covers yet. But the first 200 or so seem to be intact.
The DRMed PDFs entirely had been distorted.
Strange, but not a huge issue to me. I'm using the Micro SD card. As it isn't visible in ADE, I've been copying my books via Windows Explorer. Now I'm starting to build up my library in calibre instead.
My pdf are drm free.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
My pdf are drm free.
Do you copy them via Windows explorer? Or do you send them through calibre?
Maybe it hasn't been the DRM, but directly copying them? Since using calibre, it seems okay for me.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Do you copy them via Windows explorer? Or do you send them through calibre?
Neither. I'm using linux. But yeah, i copied/past them.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
calibre generates the thumbnails itself and sends them with the file to the device.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
calibre generates the thumbnails itself and sends them with the file to the device.
Makes sense, thanks, as it's fine since using calibre.
But it's a bit odd, that Opus wouldn't handle covers of PDFs natively. I really love thumbnail view, way more units should have it. But when implementing it and only supporting a few file formats, it really should be working accordingly.
Anyway, looks great now. Thanks to calibre.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I heard that it could be a bug in the Adobe code that generate images/covers
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
I heard that it could be a bug in the Adobe code that generate images/covers
Hmmmm.....but I don't have that problem with Sony 600, although they should be using the same toolkit?! But for the moment I'm fine with managing my library via "calibre".
Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 AM   #11
alfredotod
alfredotod began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Irex Iliad
Hi, I have the same problem with my new Cybook Opus. The thumbnails for ePubs display correctly, while those for DRM PDFs appear distorted (even if the books themselves are readable, of course). I used ADE to send DRMd PDFs to the Opus, and Calibre to send (non DRMd) ePubs.
I first noticed the problem after I had manually moved some DRMd PDFs to another folder. I then put them back to the original folder, and even tried deleting them and sending them again with ADE, but the problem is always there. However, I am not sure that I did not have this problem at the beginning, maybe I simply did not notice it.
Best regards,
Alfredo
alfredotod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:21 AM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

There is something weirdo with the cybooks and pdf images. Sometimes they are all blurred, depending on zoom factor.
And my father said he had some text missing at a certain zoom ratio.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #13
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I heard that some bad picture display are due to a bug in Adobe SDK... We/you should contact bookeen about this
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
opus, thumbnails