Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
ceptimus
ceptimus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Bundled excerpts - can't buy books

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum.

My new Sony PRS-505 came with some book excerpts pre-installed. Amongst these excerpts was About the Size of it by Warwick Cairns.

I read the excerpt (twelve pages) and then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony PRS-505
...to continue reading, visit www.waterstones.com/eBooks to download the full version.
But I can't find the eBook at Waterstones and I can't find it anywhere else either. Am I missing something?
ceptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yep, looks like it's paper-only at the moment.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just looked at fictionwise and booksonboard and no go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
ceptimus

But the eBook (or at least the excerpt part of it) obviously exists or they'd not be able to bundle it with the reader.

Very strange.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
WarwickC
WarwickC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
As the author of the book in question, here's the answer 'from the horse's mouth', as it were.

There is a full ebook of 'About the Size of It', but my publishers tell me that it's one of many books rolled out in the big Sony launch that has fallen foul of the logistics of the launch (Waterstone's website has been inundated, apparently).

The ebook people say that they're working on it, and it should be available in the very near future.

Ceptimus - if you'd still like a copy in the meantime, let me know your address and I'll send you a signed copy of the paperback
WarwickC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
ceptimus

Thanks very much for posting and for your kind offer, Warwick.

I hope Waterstones can sort out the problems soon and that your book sells in large numbers - both in eBook and paper form.

I would very much like a signed copy. I'll send you a PM.

By the way, I can assure any cynics out there who suspect that I'm spamming the forum to try and sell Warwick's book that this is NOT the case. I don't know Warwick and I never expected him to reply to this thread. I'm glad he did though. I hope that some of you will read his book. Based on the except I've read, I know that lots of people will enjoy it.