Device: Reb1100, Reb1200, Ebw1150, Sony 505
I would like to test this but for the life of me can't figure out how to use it
Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thank you very much!
ritibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #32
mscott161
Enthusiast
mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise, sony
ritibelle,

What problems do you have?

Michael
mscott161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #33
ritibelle
ritibelle doesn't litterritibelle doesn't litterritibelle doesn't litter

Well, I unziped your file and I just plain don't know what to do next...
What do I do with that bunch of files inside the zip?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #34
mscott161
Enthusiast
mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ritibelle,

If you are not using Visual Studio 2008 and just want to use the Convert Program, then the only files you will need are
ConvertIMPGUI.exe
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll

Put these two files in a folder and run the exe file.

On the form at the top use the browse button to select the directory where your IMP files are located if you have sub directories with IMP files check the check box to include subdirectories.

This will load the list area on the Library tab. Select a book by single clicking it and then you can use the other tabs.

Michael
Old 03-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #35
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritibelle View Post
Well, I unziped your file and I just plain don't know what to do next...
What do I do with that bunch of files inside the zip?
Oh, that's easy, just drill down the folders bin/debug and double-click the ConvertIMPGUI.exe.

Then choose the directory with your .imp files.

Have fun!

By the way, I like your choice of devices.

EDIT: Oops, beat by Michael!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #36
ritibelle
ritibelle doesn't litterritibelle doesn't litterritibelle doesn't litter

Thanks, I've got it at last! It seems great!
Why would I want to use Visual Studio? I mean, what would I be able to do with it? Sorry to bother you with all these questions.

As for devices, I've been lusting for these newer machines but when push comes to shove I don't think they are better then what I've already have, just different. And I can't do without the backlight!

Thanks again for the help!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #37
rtype
Enthusiast
rtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litter

Device: none
Michael,

First of all thanks for writing such a great tool!

I wanted to use the functionality in your program from calibre (i.e. the convert from imp to HTML bit) since I use calibre to orgainize all my books.

I created my plugin in calibre, and also modified your code slightly giving it the ability to accept the path to an imp and a path to an output file have that conversion happen automatically.

I think it would be a good feature for the program to have I can pass on the few changes if you would like to incorporate them.

In looking at this I also made a change to the FormatDATAToHTML method
changing the string strFile to a StringBuilder gives a huge performance benifit with large files (or at least on the couple I've tried)

Last edited by rtype; 10-24-2009 at 02:39 PM.
rtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #38
mscott161
Enthusiast

rtype,

No problem I would love to see any changes you have done. I have been working on a program suite like calibre but in .Net it would allow most downloaded ebooks (secure and unsecure) then create the file for the device or devices you selected. I gets annoying to have to use a utility for each format to get it to text or html then use my program to create the format for my device.

I wished someone would create an ebook device that will allow the secure and unsecure of the most popular formats without having to convert them.

Michael
Old 11-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #39
rtype
Enthusiast
rtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litter

Device: none
Great,

here are the changes I made, I've included a changes.txt file in the solution describing the specifics.

test_IMPX_input_plugin.zip is the (very much a WIP but working) calibre plugin I have been writing (it assumes that ConvertIMPGUI.exe is in C:\ConvertIMPGUI , I havn't gotten to a config ui)

I think it'll be a while before we have a reads everthing ebook they would much rather you buy the book again in their format :-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ConvertIMPGUI.v.1.3.6_modded_calibre.zip (132.4 KB, 904 views)
rtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #40
dragon
dragon began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott161 View Post
That file also appears to be source code, not the executable. Also, the three attachments 1.30, 1.35 and 1.36 are all source code.

Is the executable available?
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #41
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
That file also appears to be source code, not the executable. Also, the three attachments 1.30, 1.35 and 1.36 are all source code.

Is the executable available?
See Posts #34 and #35 above indicating that the executables are in the .zip file but deep within folders i.e. bin/debug. Just extract them like Michael says in Post #34 above.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #42
dragon
dragon began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
See Posts #34 and #35 above indicating that the executables are in the .zip file but deep within folders i.e. bin/debug. Just extract them like Michael says in Post #34 above.
Thanks! That solved it. I didn't look deep enough through the directories.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #43
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Does this only convert FROM imp TO something else (like LRF)? Or can you convert something else (like ePub) TO imp?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #44
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Does this only convert FROM imp TO something else (like LRF)? Or can you convert something else (like ePub) TO imp?
Yes, it's only able to go FROM .imp to something more useful, like .txt or .html with images. It also should be able to go from .imp to .lrf, though, I've never tried that part since I don't own a Sony ebook reader.

It doesn't convert anything TO .imp (from any format).

BTW, you can convert .epub to .imp using eBook Publisher's latest release, though the conversion still requires some manual settings afterwards, like specifying the Category and that the ebook should be compressed and have links underlined. (See Edition settings...)
Old 04-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #45
RikaStrom
RikaStrom began at the beginning.

Device: ebook ETI-2, Palm5
A quick question, I downloaded the most recent version, yet when I tried to open the .exe file I received an error message stating I needed to download a .NET framework v2.0 50727.

What would that be?

Thanks for the assist.
RikaStrom is offline   Reply With Quote