Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #16
gaudentius
gaudentius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by detacht69 View Post
But... What about the rest of the books that have footnotes? I didn't even think about that... That's kind of a big drawback, no?
As mentioned, it all depends on the publisher. I just happened to ask about this series because I had begun re-reading it again and the footnote hyperlinks didn't work.

From what I've been given to understand, other book footnote-hyperlinks work. I guess it depends if the publisher has put much thought to get it to work on the Sony Reader specifically.

I consider myself lucky to have been able to reach someone to hear me out and forward my concerns to the publisher and the author (or authors editor ).

All I've gotta say is if you have any concerns about a book, what's it hurt to e-mail someone? It worked for me!

GD
gaudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
one thing you can do is put all the footnotes in endnotes at the end of the document, and go to the end page to read the footnotes.
If they are only a few it might be worth it.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #18
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Yes, ProDigit, I usually do this with my conversions. But the original poster was talking about a purchased book in the Sony DRM'd LRX format. There's not much you can do about those. So it is fortunate that the book was corrected when he raised concerns.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote