Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Help I think I broke my PB360+

I just bought a PB 360+ and am getting to know how it works. I tried to load books to SD card but got error messages. I finally gave up and unhooked the reader from my computer. Now all I have on my screen is an image of a micro SD card with an "x" on it. Can't get buttons to work. Can't turn on/off. Help please!
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you remove the SD card and try to restart/reset?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
if everything else fails.
1. Remove the battery
2. Wait a little bit
3. Reattach the battery.

if it still doesn't work
4. attach to charger
5. press reset.

If that still doesn't work
6. how a look around and see how to perform "reset to factory defaults"
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #4
tponzo
Addict

thanks, it's really embarrassing when a problem is as simple as battery needs recharging.

BTW, how do you remove the battery?. I don't see any screws.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Not sure about the plus, but on the original 360 the reset button and the battery reside under a panel that slides out in the rear.
If you look at the rear of the reader, the bottom half slides out under firm steady pressure. You can help it it by carefully running a finger nail along the barely-noticeable gap there. Don't rush it, force it, or lift it; just slide it out. The first time will be the hardest because it s a nice, tight fit.
The issue isn't the battery but that you need to reset the reader.
In unplugging without ejecting, the reader looks like it might be locked up.
Think of a locked-up laptop; first you try the three-finger salute to reset, if that fails you unplug and remove the battery, and in the worst case you have to reinstall/reimage the system. Same here.
Odds are the reset switch is all you need.
Just remove the sd card first in case its file system got corrupted and needs reformatting.
If the system resets to normal without the card, power down and then try with the card.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
thanks, it's really embarrassing when a problem is as simple as battery needs recharging.
Sometimes the battery is so depleted that the device wouldn't recognize the charger and initialize charging cycle. This situation might occur when the reader asks you to charge it and you put it into drawer for a couple of months. It also happened to one user when he received new reader. The battery was deeply discharged and he had to do that "Connect and reset" trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
BTW, how do you remove the battery?. I don't see any screws.
The bottom back half of the reader slides out.
Put the lid on screen, flip the reader and push the back cover of, like so:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/album.php?albumid=383
The images go backwards.
I had the cable attached, so you can identify what is the bottom side of reader.
The first removal of the lid is difficult, because it is a nice tight fit and you do not know how to push. After some practice (with testing beta versions of firmware ;-) ) you would be able to do it with one hand.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #7
tponzo
Addict

thank you all very much. problem solved. enjoying reader now
Old 06-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
unplug the battery and start over.
when connecting to computer make sure it's off while connecting.
When disconnecting turn it off before doing so.
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote