Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #31
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
You know what's outrageous? The price of coffee pods for my $200 Tassimo single serve coffee machine...
I love the new Kodak printers, the advertisement for which is entirely based on the price of new cartridges. HP will virtually give you the printer and then make you pay through the nose for cartridges. I use a super-market syringe kit to refill my own 'dead' cartridges - you can refill each one about four times.

The publishing industry still seems to be following the model set by the film and music industries to the letter. Regionally encoded DVDs are a pretty shady scam by anyone's measure: make sure we can charge more in those areas where the market will take it, block them from importing by making other regions' DVDs unplayable on their equipment.

Takes less than five minutes to find the region-unlock code for any given DVD player online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
How do you do that, and how long does it usually take?
Prices vary - usually around £2 - and takes up to a month to arrive. To me, that's not a small cost to borrow a book, unless it's something really rare and only a few exist in the country. I did use it once to read a published novel written by someone I knew irl. The original print run must have been about 500, judging by how few copies there were in the country.

The author was one of the most rivetting conversationalists I had ever met. The novel was dull-as-dishwater.
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #32
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Caleb, you should actually be looking at The Book Depository first. Free shipping!

And two options, the uk and the usa site - have different prices, so check for the cheapest.

The usa one tends to be cheaper at the moment, given the parity exchange rate.

http://www.bookdepository.com

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/
I discovered Book Depository last Christmas. I've already used it a bit on Christmas presents, but I didn't realise there was a US version so thanks for the info.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert