Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Methods and Examples for New calibre Users

Post deleted.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-31-2016 at 01:03 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Amazing effort

I wonder about your Preference setting section:
Are these original defaults or your recommendations? (A terse: "why I chose or a link to...?" might be indicated)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I wonder about your Preference setting section:
Are these original defaults or your recommendations? (A terse: "why I chose or a link to...?" might be indicated)
OK, in the OP I clarified as follows:
Quote:
Note, My Settings. My current Preference settings are listed below. Some are original defaults, some aren't. The settings in the list are offered as examples of one user's settings, and not as recommendations for new users. These settings have evolved to meet my needs, and I often change specific settings as needed.
If you're suggesting a why/explanation for each and every setting option, that would expand the Preferences section to at least twice the length, probably more. Some of them are just what they are and don't need explanation, some I may not know an explanation. Are there any specific setting options that you think need further explanation?

Edit: And some are explained farther down in relevant section, such as Adding Books.

Last edited by unboggling; 10-21-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: fixed error in quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
unboggling
Wizard

I added some explanations in Preference Settings section.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
T.D.02809
Enthusiast
T.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3rd Gen WiFi, Kindle App for MAC
your effort is appreciated by me. just fyi. thx.
T.D.02809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
unboggling
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.D.02809 View Post
your effort is appreciated by me. just fyi. thx.
You're welcome.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #7
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Verry usefull. Thank you.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
unboggling
Wizard

You're welcome.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
jlutes
Connoisseur
jlutes began at the beginning.

Device: none
I might add:
"Look and Feel, Book Details. Unchecked, Roman Numerals—they're not as easy to understand at a glance."
The check box for roman numerals is off to the right and not in the main list of options. Those of us with tunnel vision could spend entirely too much time looking for it without further instruction
jlutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:25 AM   #10
unboggling
Wizard

-----

Please link to the latest thread & version: How I Manage eBooks with calibre

-----

(oops, forgot that adding the link as a new post would bring this thread to top again. sorry…)

(and belated thanks to jlutes. I did add a pointer to where to find those pesky roman numerals.)

Last edited by unboggling; 09-11-2012 at 02:13 AM. Reason: oops

Tags
calibre, examples, methods, new users, workflow